Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Friday, February 1, 2008

Day 18 of VLCD Done!

Starting weight: 186.2
Yesterday: 174.0
Today: 172.4
1.6 lb. Released Overnight
13.8 lb. Released Since Start of VLCD 1/14/2008
0.77 Avg Daily release

Hot diggity! Although yesterday's gain is a little suspicious. My old scale is really screwy. Tomorrow I'm gonna start using the new one. I got on it again after I blogged and it showed a 1.7 loss! So, I'll start using the new one tomorrow, but today, I'm going to enjoy my 1.6 :-) The point is, the scale is going down baby!

Yesterday's menu was:
B: Yerba Mate tea with stevia
L: grilled chicken with essence, boiled cabbage & pink grapefruit
D: chicken in marinara sauce (tammy's w/o onions) & strawberry lemonade smoothie with stevia.

I need to be careful with that pink grapefruit. I've been counting it as regular grapefruit, but I justs realized it has more calories than regular grapefruit. I got a new food scale that's loaded with nutritional information for hundreds of foods. It also has user settings to add new foods in, but it doesn't accept decimals so you need to round the number up when entering them. So far I love it, except the total daily calories feature. It allows you to total your nutritional information per meal or per day but it seems to always add too much. It was off by as much as 150 calories, but I'm going to test it a few more times to be sure. The nutritional info is accurate though & having the nutritional info all in one place is cool though. Ok... there's my comentary on the scale. I got mine at Target. You can also get it on there website here.

Today is my 3rd day on 125iu. Yesterday I noticed less thirst, but my eye was still twitching yesterday morning. There was no hunger though. I think I'll be fine on this dosage & it'll save more hcg for DH's round. He's gained some weight while recovering & he's gained some weight. He won't be able to workout for a long time so he thinks this would be a good way to take off the weight without having to workout.

I actually miss working out in the morning now. I used to do the FIRM every single day. I have great muscles underneath this layer of fat. I can't wait to see what they look like!

Well, that's all I've got today.

In response to yesterday's comments.

lili - I had originally decided to load this weekend, but now I think I can handle it. I've been doing this for 2 weeks and I really like the food I'm making for myself. I LOVE spices & I've been using alot of fresh ones lately. I'm gonna take your advice and get that facial. I was taking nature's cure & I stopped when I started the shots. Now my face is starting to break out again. I could really use a facial.

biz - I have a crazy scale. I don't think I really gained that pound yesterday, but it was a little more stressful than usual. I'm just glad it cleared itself up today. My husband is the best. I really never even thought he would do this for me so I didn't bother asking so I was floored when he offered. That song by En Vogue... "What A Man" comes to mind. He's a special guy. That's why I married him & he's gonna get more than a fat wet kiss when he's better! Children avert your eyes! LOL

smacmo - That is exaclty what I was thinking. Memorial day will be HOT :)

maryg - You must be referring to my referrence to popcorn. Hey... I always think of popcorn as a vegetable, at least that's how I justify eating so much of it, but I looked it up and surprise... it's a carb! ok ok... no popcorn. womp womp

CB - Thanks. I always get all warm and fuzzy when I talk about my man :) I also found out that it's restaurant week here in baltimore, so I'll be able to go to a really great restaurant next weekend for around $30/person. That should make up for overpaying for my brunch last weekend.

Ed & Jennifer - See Ed, that's how husband's are supposed to act! LOL
I can't believe how I'm able to separate the occasion from food now. I'm going to "eat to live" this weekend... I might have a glass of wine though. Gee.. I wonder where I got that idea from? LOL

ewewho - HA! That Would work wouldn't it?! You had me cracking up when I read that one :)

becca - Oh... Regina! I didn't know that was her name.
Thanks for the kind words becca. I'll tell MY husband you love him. He'll get a kick out of that... LOL
I plan on making some chicken fingers too. I was going to dip them in hot sauce and roll them in melba toast crumbs, then bake them. I've done this with chicken and crushed frosted flakes before so I figure this'll probably work too.

3 comments:

BizBuzz said...

Right with you my sweet! HOT DIGGITY DAWG! I can't wait till you have time this weekend to work on the charts, well, you know how I am with numbers and all!!!

Now I didn't know you were in BALTIMORE??? That is just a hop, skip and a jump from me, well, at least it's on THIS side of the continent! ROFL

You are a breath of fresh air, have I already said that about you??? It seems like you have been on this protocol forever and a day you have been around so long, but nope. But you are having the greatest success because of how much time you spent researching!

WOO HOO FOR YOU!!! Don't leave us in the lurch this weekend, even if it's just a SHORT update, we are ANIMALS!!!

And thanks for the info on the food scale, I was about to ask you. I have been using this 10 year old postal scale, hey it works, what can I say???

Ed & Jennifer said...

Wine? Did somebody say wine? Oh, so glad I can be a BAD influence!

I'll second what Biz wrote! Your like a pro at this!

Have a great weekend-enjoy yourself!

Oh, and how many cals are in the pink grapefruit vs regular?

maryg911 said...

Ok, I posted a comment early this morning and I don't know where it went, so now I have to remember what I typed.
I have the Firm DVD's as well, but I watch them first to learn the routine but I couldn't keep up. Now they're collecting dust waiting for me. But hey, isn't it great that while on HCG, we don't have to exercise?
Congrats on your loss!!