Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Day 32 of VLCD Done! Broke the weight barrier

Starting weight: 182
Yesterday: 164.3
Today: 163.8
.5 lb. Released Overnight
18.5 lb. Released Since Start of VLCD 1/14/2008
.6 Avg Daily release


Happy Dancing today!!

With that .5 loss I have broken my lowest Weight Watchers weight of 164! WOOO HOOO!

Here's what I ate yesterday:
B: coffee with 1/2 & 1/2, 2 melba rounds
L: romaine salad with grilled chicken and mustard dressing & an orange
D: chili with 1 scrambled egg with 2 melba rounds & strawberry sorbet.

The chili with the egg was fabulous! Thanks smacmo :-)

Last time I was at this weight I was so hungry and miserable that I just couldn't do it anymore. I was excercising like CRAZY and I couldn't loss another ounce. Only thing is, when I was working out, I was a solid size 8. I can get into 8's now, but they're tighter than they were then. I think I was a little more solid before because of the weight lifting. That doesn't matter. I plan on going back to my daily excercise routine when I go on P3 next week. I'm going to do that for a month and see how tight I can get before my next round of P2. Since I workout in the morning, I'll only be doing quick updates during P3 unless I get some time later in the day.

So it has taken me a little over a month to do what I did on weight watchers in almost 14 months & towards the end I started to gain it back so I was actually 168 when I stopped going. Then I quickly gained it ALL back. I think I've told that story before, but I'm just so amazed at how easy this is. I don't mean to say that measuring and preparing food is easy, but sticking to that food and not saying "To hell with this"... that is easy. I've never felt like this on any diet plan. There was always a time when I felt..."yeah, I have this frozen healthy choice meal, but I'm gonna eat that pizza instead. I've got the Points for it." And that feeling was a serious force to be reckoned with! When I resisted it for too long, it would come back with a vengence. I think it's a combination of not having to make too many choices and not having the cravings. Whatever it is, Dr Simeons was a genius!

On to yesterday's commentors:

lili - Thanks Lili. Its really easy for me to get bored with food, so I always try to dress things up whenever I have time. It really works.
I tried the calamine lotion that you recommended... I had forgetten about that stuff. You know... It' not pink anymore! It still works great though & there's no oils in it... thanks for the suggestion. In return... Here's the cabbage recipe :)
I cut up a half head of cabbage & boil it in water mixed with either chicken or beef broth. I throw in some crushed garlic (1 tsp or so), oregano, onion powder, sylvia's secret seasoning, salt & pepper. I sometimes throw in some crushed red pepper flakes too. I don't really measure any of the spices, but it's about 1 tsp of each. Boil it until it's tender for about 20 minutes and it's done. 1/2 medium head of cabbage makes 2 servings. I use a little more pepper right before I eat it as well.

smacmo - Thanks hon... I went and got a brand new non stick skillet just to make my egg. That amount of mixing proteins didn't seem to hurt me at all. I will definately have that again.

Biz - So true. That looked like a regular delicious meal to me. I might do that more often. I just love eating beautiful food. Have a safe and happy trip.

Mary - Yaaaay... TOM is still around and I had a loss. I am soooo happy today! I love that strawberry sorbet. I make it in my magic bullet and I'm going to continue to have that on P3. Love it.

TNgal - Yup... Iim a foodie. I guess that's always been my problem. My favorite is Paula Dean.... yup, BIG problem... lol

Ed & Jenn - That post time is always wrong for me. I don't actually post until around 6:45 or 7 am, but it always says like 2:30 or so. I guess it's west coast time.
No gain with TOM is fantastic. I did have some cravings tho and snuck in 3 semi sweet chocolate chips on sunday... shhh.
The calamine lotion that lili suggested totally took away the itchiness and it's oil free, but check the bottle. The rite ade brand had oil in it.

CB - You know what? I really did think about adding vodka! I probably could have gotten away too if it wasn't for my pesky diet policeman (DH) in the kitchen with me.... LOL

becca - I've been meaning to try the orange julis, but I want to cut the pulp out of the orange first & then freeze it. I think it might work well that way.
I still can't believe I didn't gain after that cake. You know my girlfriend brought me ANOTHER piece of cake the next day. I did take it, but it's in the freezer right now waiting for my next load day because I AM the boss of me!

Gotta get a move on peeps. It's getting late. Have a wonderful day in protoland!

3 comments:

BizBuzz said...

Oh yes, congrats on hitting that milestone! I have a little tinge of jealousy that you are continuing on and will be in the 150's without me, but you know what? I will get over it! ROFL

JPS is the exercise guru, and when she tried to get to exercise during the breaks she about hurt herself and finally said she was gonna wait until she was DONE to do anymore. I hope it works for you!!! My chiropractor has only given me permission to walk so far so none for me yet!

You go girl!!! WOO HOO FOR YOU!

maryg911 said...

Whoo Hoo!!!

I'm going to have to try that strawberry sorbet with the frozen strawberries I have. All my fresh ones went bad overnight!! The birds won't even touch them, ha!!

Ed & Jennifer said...

Look at that happy dance, that girl is following MY MOVES! LOL

Heck yeah Monica...congrats to you! OMG did I read that right? You did WW for 14 months? You are one dedicated girl! This is a much better route don't ya think?!

I was just writing to Mary that I'm not sure what workout program to do in P3. You do the FIRM right? Anything else? Do you get good results from it! C'mon gimmie the skinny!

Great job on your success little Missy!

March 1st will be LIW?