Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Saturday, February 16, 2008

Day 29 of VLCD Done!

Starting weight: 182
Yesterday: 165.9
Today: 164.8
1.1 lb. Release Overnight
17.2 lb. Released Since Start of VLCD 1/14/2008
.6 Avg Daily release

WOW... I don't know where these big losses are coming from, but I love it. OMG! I could be out of the 160s by the end of this round! I had planned on that, but it's different to actually see it happening.

Here's what I ate yesterday.
B: coffee with 1/2 & 1/2 & 2 melba rounds
L: chinese chicken and broccoli & an apple
D: chili made with 96% lean beef & canned organic salt free diced tomatoes. 2 melba rounds for dipping

I'm in a much better mood today. Losing over a pound overnight tends to do that to me...lol. I just decided to end this round 2 days earlier because we're going to see my family on March 1st to see my little cousin in a play. Most of my cousins are 10-15 yrs younger than me so they have alot of functions for school and such. I like to go see them whenever I can because I moved from NJ to MD a few years ago and I don't get to see them as much anymore. Needless to say, where there's family, there's food. I can handle it much better if I'm already on P3.

I'm also going to use this visit to teach my sister and my mom more about the protocol. My sister is really interested, but my mom is harder to convince, even though she has been overweight ever since she had my sister 27 yrs ago & now she can't excercise because of her fibromyalgia. I really worry about her because she's also got high blood pressure and heart issues. I think this protocol would be perfect for her because it would get her eating better and probably feeling much better too.

Gotta get to my day so on to yesterday's commentors.

smacmo - You are so right. I should always go back to look at my WW stats when I get down about any of this. This is an amazing experience and it's got me on a roller coaster of emotions.

Biz - I'm usually the positive one & in yesterday morning's post I was just so NOT. I felt better throughout the day though. The fact is, that cake tasted really good so at least I didn't deviate for a dry mess of a cake & I know that if I took a bite and I didn't like it, I would have put it down. In the past I would have eaten it just because it was cake. That has changed about me. If I deviate... it had better be good!

Mary - Oh yeah... blame the arm! It is sooo real.

Ed & Jennifer - It looks like I might be dodging the bullet because of my half day water and tea fast after the cake incident & now that I look back on it. It wasn't as bad as I made it out to be. Even if I had gained weight... that cake was delicious! I don't know why i beat myself up over it.... you guys have come through with flying colors with a few deviations inbetween. I just love you both!

Everyone enjoy the weekend!

4 comments:

BizBuzz said...

Excellent loss, especially after your break no less! Keep going Monica, it can only get better from here!

smacmo said...

Look at you! Great Loss! See, don't beat yourself up, and you will do fine.

Ed & Jennifer said...

Hey Monica! Dang look at you-those 1 pounders are treats huh?! Excellent! I have learned that we can get away with a few deviations every now and then as long as we stay under 500 cals.

We booked the cruise yesterday so it's on girlfriend! Let me know what you decide to do okay?! We can't wait to meet ya'll!

Have a great weekend...big releases girlfriend!

maryg911 said...

Way to go!!! I think that arm has switched itself to me!!!

I hope you can convince your mom, she would feel so much better, I think. I would like to convince my mother as well, but she is very stubborn. She hasn't seen me for a while but I don't want her to see me till I lose some more and she can see a difference and maybe decide for herself.

Best of luck to ya!!!