Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Day 40 of VLCD Done! 72 hour countdown to P3

LIW 2/26/08 161.7
Yesterday: 161.7
Today: 161.1
.6 BELOW LIW

Yesterday went great, but they sure do bring in a lot of food at my job. Zucchini bread and pizza yesterday... oh yeah & someone restocked the chocolate jar. Such is life. I stuck to my chili with salsa while everyone ate pizza at the meeting. I've NEVER done that before, but I just thought "that's not the last pizza in the world. They'll make more." That got me through it.

Here's what I ate yesterday:
B: Coffee with 1/2 & 1/2
L: Chili with salsa, an apple, 2 melba rounds
D: Catfish creole, strawberry sorbet
Mid afternoon, bite of zucchini bread

I took a bite of zucchini bread as I packed away a piece to put in my freezer. It was really good, and it's in my freezer now for when I'm in p4 or loading. There's a bunch of stuff in my freezer. There's a sweet potato pie that DH begged me to make... so I stashed one. There's a piece of birthday cake from my birthday on 2/2. There's some no bake peanut butter bars that a coworker made for my birthday as well. I just take them and pack them up in my lunch container and throw them in my freezer for when I can legally eat them. Am I crazy? It does seem a bit weird, but it keeps me from feeling deprived when these are things that I would be missing out on. I don't care about things like pizza and ice cream... I can buy those for myself anytime, but when someone makes something special, I'd eat it if I didn't think of freezing it. It's gotten to be a joke at work. "Give Monica a piece for her deep freezer." LOL.

I've been meaning to take measurements and pictures, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I'll try to get them up tomorrow morning. I certainly notice a difference. 20 lbs is a huge change. It's 2 lbs more than I lost on WW and I'm only 1 lb more than what it says on my drivers license now!

In response to yesterday's comments:

Shelly - I wasn't hungry when I started my break a few weeks ago. The 72 hours was a breeze. I'm hoping it'll be the same this time. This is the first day with no shot so I know I'll be fine today because I was skipping Sunday's anyway.

Ed & Jenn - It was hard for me to load too. I told him that most people have trouble with that part because we've all been dieting so long, but he's doing it. It's weird that I'm ending with my 500 cals still and he's gorging on food. Our dinner table looks really strange... LOL

Mary, mary - Luckily I've been super busy at work so the days have been flying by. That makes it easier and I'm not thinking about food as much. I do keep finding myself writing P3 grocery lists though while I'm sitting in a meeting...LOL. Hope I don't get caught.

Try - Thanks! I'm trying. I spent yesterday making all my meals for today and tomorrow so I don't have to think about it.

3 comments:

maryg911 said...

Ah, yes, here at work its the same, pizza and donuts. Talk about a lethal combination!!! Glad you stuck to your guns!! I have sweet potatoes in my freezer too, I meant to make a pie during the holidays and never did so I just froze them. Hope they're still good.

Ed & Jennifer said...

LOL Monica-I just wrote in Mary's blog that I can't wait to eat queso "legally!"

Yum, we wanna come raid your stash in your freezer! You have some goodies awaitin'!

Looks like all is well...post some pics when you can!

Have a good one Monica!

Becca said...

I have the same problem with food at work too! Luckily they put it several aisles away so I can avoid that row when I'm walking by.
I can't wait to see your new pics. I'm sure your changes are going to be drastic...
How does the stuff you freeze taste when you thaw it?