Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Friday, February 8, 2008

First day of my little P3 break

Starting weight: 182
Yesterday: 165.9
Today: 167.9
2 lb Gain Overnight

Break LIW: 168.1 on 2/4/08
.2 lbs Under LIW

I totally expected that. I did a few things right yesterday, but I also did a few things wrong. Here's what I ate:
B: an apple and an ounce of cheddar cheese & some coffee with 1/2 & 1/2.
L: romaine salad with cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, red onions, shredded carrots & about 2 T of corn & goddess dressing. 12 oz of shrimp bisque from whole foods (thickened with heavy cream).
D: romaine salad with 10 oz of chicken breast, crumbled blue cheese, tomatoes, 1 T pine nuts.
Snacks were 2 hard boiled eggs with salt & about 1 1/2 cups of mixed nuts without peanuts with 50% less sodium.

All that added up to about 2200 calories with roughly 139 fat, 90, carbs, 160 protein. Most of that came from the nuts. Hopefully the weight gain was mostly due to water retention, but I'm glad I had a little wiggle room.

Here's what I think I did wrong:
I WAY overdid it with the nuts. I meant to only have a handful which would have been about 1/4 cup, but I kept going back! Even though they were lower sodium, that was still alot of salt. My wedding ring is fitting really snug today so I know I'm retaining some water. I also put that corn on my salad. I always forget that corn is a high carb vegetable even though I just looked it up the other day... DUH. On top of all that salt, I barely drank any water yesterday. I think I had about 2 pints of water all day. I normally have nearly 3 liters. I just wasn't as thirsty.

Here's what I think I did right:
I got enough protein in & I started the day out pretty well. I ate alot of vegetables and I made sure I ate an apple. Even though I got too many carbs yesterday, they were good carbs. I still didn't have any of the chocolate or bagels at work & I feel great about that.

Today will be much better. I won't be as excited about eating because I got that out of my system. I'm just going to stick to simple small meals because I'm going out to dinner tonight and I want to leave plenty of calorie room for that. I just want to make sure I get plenty of water today & I'm not too hungry when I go to dinner.

On to my commenters from yesterday

Mary - I really did enjoy yesterday. I enjoyed mixing my veggies most of all.

Biz - I hope I gave enough details. I didn't really want to, cus I kinda screwed up a bit, but it was a learning experience. On to the next day.

CB - I'm glad I lost weight over the last few days. It gave me a little wiggle room. Hopefully I won't have to do a steak day tomorrow.

Regina - I think it's still a success so far. I expected to gain something and I'm still under my LIW.

Ed & Jennifer - Yes! the cruise is a definite possibility. DH is uncomfortable with sending money to folks we don't know though, so we will probably use our regular travel agent. In fact, we're going to see her today to make a final decision. I'll keep you posted.


Have a great Friday everyone!

3 comments:

Ed & Jennifer said...

Hey Monica, it's all good! P3 eating can be challenging because you aren't quite sure what works best for your body, but it's no big deal.

Have a wonderful weekend, I'm sure anxious to have a "normal" day too!

BizBuzz said...

You gave just the right details, and I gotta say that you're a pro because you already corrected everything I would have! WOO HOO FOR YOU!

Can't wait for tomorrow!!! Enjoy yourself tonight!

Crystal Lee said...

Salt smalt hon! That is exactly what happened. I too ate some yummy peanuts during my P3 and gained water weight. 3-4 glasses of water and 2 cups of dandelion tea later I was fine!

I think you are doing fab and the fact you are so in tune with your food choices is wonderful. :)

Good luck!
Crystal
TNgal80