Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Day 22 of VLCD Done! - First day of planned break

Starting weight: 182
Yesterday: 168.1
Today: 167.2
.9 lb. Release Overnight
14.8 lb. Released Since Start of VLCD 1/14/2008
0.67 Avg Daily release

Good grief... finally a good loss! Last week was not that great for weight. I'm still only 1.6 lb lighter than I was on this day last week, but any loss is a good loss. I had a REALLY good VLCD day yesterday. Here's what I ate.

B: coffee with 1/2 & 1/2, yerba mate tea with stevia
L: grilled chicken with essence over romaine lettuce with mustard dressing. Strawberries
D: shrimp with homeade cocktail sauce, an orange & 2 melba rounds.

Yesterday my boss decided to buy everyone in my department lunch to celebrate meeting a deadline, so they went around and took everyone's orders. I ordered a grilled chicken ceasar salad with no cheese or croutons & dressing on the side. I had some mustard dressing with me for my salad from home. Of course, the salad came with both the cheese AND the croutons on it, so I put it in my lunch bag to take home for DH & ate the salad that I brought in. I got some questions about why I wasn't takinig advantage of a free lunch, but I've been telling them that I've decided to be really strict with my diet this month. I just don't feel like explaining anything further to them. In this way, I'm able to stay away from all the office goodies and they already know why so they don't press.

So far this round has been about what I expected. I anticipated that I would be slower to lose weight than some because I'm closer to my goal than some so I was going for a .5 average. I'm above that. I do think I've had some slip ups due to not being used to this whole thing & I expected that as well. I also expect my next round to be much easier. I have some recipes that I really enjoy eating & I've learned how to make my food less boring thanks to the recipes that I've found on blogs and in tammy's cookbook. I've also made up my own stuff by altering recipes that I already have. I'm making a whole lot of dishes with this little bit of food though! Yup... R2P2 is gonna be much much easier.

Today is the first day of my planned break so I won't be taking another shot until monday. Here's my plan (I always have a plan). I'll be eating VLCD today through thursday and I'm going out to dinner with DH on friday night. I may eat a few carbs at dinner, but only if they're worth it. If I go over 2 lbs over today's weight, I'm gonna do a steak day over the weekend. I am definately eating all atkins phase 1 food for the weekend. I don't want to loss any of my progress so far. Monday I go back to my 125 iu injections, which has turned out to be a good change for me. My eye isn't twitching anymore. I did have a little hunger 1 day last week, but that has since gone away, so I'll be doing 125 from now on.

To everyone that stops by: Thanks for taking an interest in my progress. You're support has been invaluable. I don't know what I'd do without your input and encouragement. I look forward to writing in the morning now and catching up on peoples blogs when I can. I don't always have time, but I try.

In response to yesterday's comments.

Mary - Thanks, it was a blast! You're having some nice losses lady.
WTG!

Regina - That was a great game. It's being called the greatest upset in the
history of superbowls. I don't know if I agree with that, but it's definately a
close 2nd.

Winston - Eli was a beast out there! I know Tiki is crappin a cow right
now! Good goin at your party. I just couldn't have all the food around me. I did
end up making hot wings though, but that's no problem for me to resist cus I can
whip them up whenever I want. We keep our freezer stocked with wings all
football season. I just couldn't let the guys go without their last wing fix of
the season though.

Biz - hey... thanks so much.

lili - Well, it looks like it DID come right back off. I'm glad too, but
that treatment was sure worth it.

ed & jennifer - How did you know about those! LOL

becca - Wasn't it fabulous? My girlfriends want me to gossip with them
during the games, but they don't bother to come over for football games with
their husbands anymore because they've noticed that I don't pay attention to
them along with their husbands, so I'm always the only girl in the house
now. Oh well... it WAS a great birthday. Thanks!


Have a cool tuesday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do bosses always "reward" employees with food? I was always like "Just gimme the ten bucks and I'm happy". You know? Good for youfor sticking with it!

BizBuzz said...

Your break will go just fine, I just know it. You have done remarkable, and I am happy for your big loss today! WOO HOO!!!

Ed & Jennifer said...

Great loss sista! Have a great break, you'll do awesome! How do yo make your cocktail sauce?

beachbrights said...

Yea, a loss!! Have fun on your dinner and break! You did good with your salad, I don't know if I could have made the same choices!

XOXO-

maryg911 said...

WOW, you sound like you are in great spirits today missy!!

Congrats on the loss and you sure got some willpower cause I would have eaten that salad with the cheese and croutons on it and then some!!