Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Thursday, February 14, 2008

Day 27 of VLCD Done!

Starting weight: 182
Yesterday: 169.2
Today: 167.1
2.1 lb. Release Overnight
14.9 lb. Released Since Start of VLCD 1/14/2008
.6 Avg Daily release

Break LIW: 168.1 on 2/4/08
1 lbs UNDER LIW

WOO HOO! I'm below my break LIW. I am so happy about that. I'm going to be ending this round on March 3rd which will give me 17 more VLCD days and 45 VLCD days total. I'm just going until I run out of my next batch of hcg which I will be mixing tomorrow. I've started mixing 125 iu's and I've done very well on that switch. I feel fine and my eye has stopped twitching. I use 1500 ampoules and that has worked out very well for me. I don't have to worry about the hcg losing potency that way with such a low dose.

Oh yeah... my menu yesterday:
B: yerba mate tea with stevia. Bite of a chocolate chip cookie (oops, was still sleepy)
L: boiled cabbage and chicken with 1/2 pink grapefruit.
D: boiled cabbage with shrimp steamed with homemade old bay seasoning with an apple
Mid afternoon: 2 melba round

Ok so I took a little bite of a cookie yesterday morning. I baked some for DH's doctor and they where cooling on the counter. I took a bite without even thinking. It was a little bite though and I took a 20 minute walk at lunch time cus I felt guilty. I also tried my own old bay yesterday. It was soooo good! I can't remember where I got this recipe but I'll put it at the bottom of this post.
DH is actually considering doing the protocol. He's gained some weight during his recovery and he was trying to lose weight through excercising & dieting when he got hurt. He won't be able to excersize for a long time so he thinks this will be his best shot to take off the weight now. I think he's right. He's back on healthy choice meals and other low calorie food for now though. That means there won't be as much temptation food in the house now... except for the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches. I love those things! My sister is considering it too. I guess I'm their guinea pig right now.

Anyway... I'm done rambling. On to yesterday's comments:

Mary - Yes! back on track. It feels wonderful!

Ed & jennifer - Seeing that scale move up like that was heartbreaking, but it looks like it's going down just as fast. I tell you what though, I'm way better prepared for my real P3. I start that on March 3rd, so I don't have much time left. I can handle it.

Becca - Seeing that 16... sure is comforting. My lowest weight so far is 165.9. I REALLY want to get back to that and hopefully I'll see it by the end of this week. I guess I could have skipped work. I wore jeans and boots to work instead. I'm used to driving in these conditions, but it still sucks. We've got a little snow on the ground today so it'll be more of the same.

Everyone: I actually had time to read blogs last night, but my cable was out! I was so glad to see it back up this morning. I'll try to make the rounds tonight.

Oh yeah... here's that recipe:

Old Bay Seasoning
1 T ground bay leaves
2 1/2 tsp celery salt
1 1/2 tsp dry mustard
1 1/2 tsp black pepper
3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp ground red pepper flakes or cayenne
1/4 tsp mace
1/4 tsp cardamom

There's a few expensive spices, but if you have some of them, it might not be too much to get a couple more to try this out. It was great. Have a good day everyone!

5 comments:

maryg911 said...

Woo Hoo!!! Wow, that was a big drop for you missy!!

At least you'll be a skinny guinea pig, ha, ha!!!

Keep up the good work!!

BizBuzz said...

I have gotten out of my routine as of late and haven't gotten to the blogs I would like to but I am hear to say I am so proud of you my sweet, look at you! Back on track, and with a vengeance I might add!!! WOO HOO FOR YOU!

Ed & Jennifer said...

Well that little Old Bay Seasoning recipe went straight to my favs...yum Monica!

I’m right where you are! Today I'm also under my LIW from the planned interruption...phew! So really all we lost was time!

You are going just a few days longer than us-glad I'll still have my bud! Let's pray the time flies and we lose, lose, lose!

We can do it!!!

Oh and as you know Men do really good on this, he will be really excited once he starts-keep us posted!

EweWho said...

Thanks for the recipe, Monica! I bought a cookbook last week called Top Secret Recipes - More Classics because when I flipped it open there was a recipe for Old Bay Seasoning. It was just slightly different from this one, calling for ginger and allspice, but no bay leaves. I'll have to give each of them a try!

Way to go on getting back to below LIW!

Too funny about he cookie. That sounds like something I would do!

Becca said...

I have accidentally licked off peanut butter and jelly when making sandwiches for my grands. I actually spit it out when I realized what i had done. They were looking at me like I was INSANE!! LOL. The seasoning sounds good. I'll have to try it too!
And CONGRATS on the loss!