Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Day 39 of VLCD Done! R1P2 LIW

Starting weight: 182
Yesterday: 162.1
Today: 161.7 LIW
.4 lb. Release Overnight
20.3 lb. Released Since Start of VLCD 1/14/2008
.5 Avg Daily release

It's LIW day! Not too shabby. I've lost 11% of my body weight & my BMI has dropped by about 10 points. I feel really good. I haven't taken measurements yet. I'll get to that later on today.

Yesterday' menu was:
B: nothing
L: an apple, steak and caramelized onions coffee with 1/2 & 1/2
D: catfish creole, strawberry sorbet, grissini
3+ liters of water and tea

ok... I've got 72 hours of VLCD left and what does my boss do? He's ordering pizza for the department today! Well, of course he is. I'm going to be eating my chili with salsa for lunch with a couple of melba rounds for dipping. I've already got all my meals prepared and planned out for the next 3 days so it'll be a breeze.

My hubby, Nakia is ready to start. He's not going to be able to load well because his first injection day will be a work day so I told him to eat anything he wants this week without any dieting. He feels weird about that because he's already gained alot in the past 2 months or so, but there's no point in him watching his calories this week.

Oh yeah, I ordered the insulin needles from healthwarehouse.com yesterday morning and I got an email yesterday afternoon that they had been shipped. NICE! Well... gotta start my day.

On to yesterday's commenters:

Shelly - I'll be checking my inches when I get home from work today. I'm sure they've dropped significantly. My size 10 slacks are fitting very loosely this week. The next 72 hours of VLCD will be no problem, even with the pizza.

Mary - Yup... those darn 160s. Hopefully this means I'll have a bigger cushion during P3. DH is excited to start losing weight. He says he wants to have the same feeling I do of seeing losses everyday.

Ed & Jenn - WOO HOO... it's all coasting from here. Of course I have my first P3 meal all planned out & then on to preparing Nakia's menu. They're so lucky to have us... LOL.

Becca - You're not doing that badly. You're making the best out of your situation. You have to enjoy your vacation and eating different food is part of vacationing. So you'll be back home tomorrow. I don't think it'll be very damaging. Keep us posted.

Try - Yup... that's what I decided to do. 20 lbs is nothing to sneeze at. AND I had that loss with taking a break in between, so all in all, I'm very happy. We get caught up on these numbers, but the real prize is that it won't be as easy for the 20 lbs to come back as it has been in the past. I have an exact plan of action if I start to gain and that is very comforting. I'll be on P3 until the end of Mar and I'll start my next round of P2 around Apr 5th.

Have a great day folks & thanks for checking on little 'ol me :)

4 comments:

smacmo said...

Monica, Woohoo! you're coming to P3! I really wasn't hungry...of course I cheated big time on Sunday...but even yesterday, that should have been the worst, I wasn't hungry. Hope you aren't either!

Ed & Jennifer said...

20 pounds of fat gone...never to be found again! Excellent round Monica!

P3 here you come!!!!

I can relate with how Nakia feels (it was really hard for me to load-I had never given myself permission to eat ANYTHING)! YOU GO BOY...and EAT! As you know it makes all the difference when you load properly!

Keep us posted girlfriend!

maryg911 said...

Alright Monica, moving into P3, whoo hoo. I just hate these 72 hours of continued VLCD, right? Oh, well at least you're making the best of it and prepared your meals, good for you. Now, cuz you're going into P3, it doesn't mean that you can slack off on your blogging, okay?

Love ya and I wish you P3 success as well as your hubby on his P2!!

trysomethingnew12 said...

YEY!! Congrats on those 11%!! Thats amazing!! Just stay focused only 72 more hours on P2!!!