Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Monday, February 18, 2008

Day 31 of VLCD Done! TOM TOM go away!

Starting weight: 182
Yesterday: 164.3
Today: 164.3
0 lb. Released Overnight
17.7 lb. Released Since Start of VLCD 1/14/2008
.6 Avg Daily release

Awww... another stall. TOM came last night though so it's cool. I normally GAIN 5 lbs whenever Aunt Flo comes around. I knew something was up yesterday cus I drank my regular 2 liters of water and hardly went to the bathroom at all. No deviations yesterday. Here's what I ate:
B: an apple & 2 cinnamon stevia melba rounds
L: grilled chicken & boiled cabbage
D: shrimp cocktail and tomato slices with strawberry sorbet.

Yup.. I took a picture of my dinner last night. It just looked so good, I wanted to remember it. I try to make my food look as appetizing as possible. I think I enjoy eating more when I do this, no matter what's on the plate. It's my way of treating myself well.

I just love how much strawberry sorbet I get out of 6 oz of strawberries. All I use is frozen strawberries, lemon and stevia. I get even more volume when I make them into a smoothie with water and ice. Very filling.

Yesterday was ok except I keep getting these rashes. They're really itchy and bumbpy. I guess it's toxins being released from my fat cells. It's still pretty annoying with all the itching. I can't use cortisone so I called my mom for a suggestion and she suggested dusting the area with corn starch. It's actually working! It really helped the itching and the rash isn't as red today. The weird thing is, they where only on my left elbow, inside left thigh and the left side of my lower abdomen. This morning I noticed one starting on my right elbow. These are the areas that I usually don't lose fat from. Kind of interesting.

Oh yeah... DH has decided to eat the same food I'm eating until I do my next round and then he's going to start P2 with me. That'll make life alot easier because I normally cook for both of us.

That's all for today. It's going to be a great monday.... except for these stupid CRAMPS. :)

Hey smacmo, I had some hunger over the weekend as well, but I think it might have been TOM cravings. I'm having chili for dinner tonight and I have about 85 calories to spare. I just may try your chili and egg. It sounds really tasty. How do you prepare your eggs? scrambled, poached, over easy?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, you dinner picture is SO beautiful!!! I think you're right -- I have become so bored with my food choices, I have to put some more energy into it and get creative. What is your recipe for chicken and boiled cabbage? And what's the chili with egg thang? I need ideas!

Some people have reported getting rashes from Hcg. I would try calamine lotion -- remember that? I recently remembered it and used it on my daughter -- it's so cooling and healing. Just a thought.

smacmo said...

Monica, beautiful plate, woman!!! As for the chili an deggs, I just scramble them in a not stick skillet. It's really yummy!

BizBuzz said...

Good grief Monica, with plates that look like that who would think you were on a 500 cal protocol??? GOSH! That just looks delectable! WOO HOO FOR YOU!

And WOO HOO for you NOT gaining with TOM in the house! You go girl!

maryg911 said...

Mmmmm, yummy!!!! That strawberry sorbet looks absolutely deelish!!!

Whoo hoo you maintained even though TOM, Aunt Flo showed up!!

Crystal Lee said...

Wow girl nice job! You said you were into Food Network too and I can see why! LOL
Mine does not always look that pretty but it sure is tasty! LOL

No worries about the stall hon...TOM has a tendency to do that to us all. :P

Crystal

Ed & Jennifer said...

Okay, what is with all the early risers...5 comments by 5 AM what is wrong with you people?!

No gain with TOM-oh yeah! And Miss Monica look at that spread...oh we love shrimps! You gotta try the egg and chili-we like ours over easy and then let it finish cooking on the hot chili-we have it almost every single day!

Sorry about the rash, I have also heard of people getting that. Let us know if you find anything that works (Lili always has great suggestions).

So glad to hear your DH is going to jump on board for your next round, it's so fun doing it together (and way less work).

Hope you have a nice day and don't let TOM mess with you too much! I'm right behind ya!

beachbrights said...

Yummy! Great photo and the frozen strawberry drink looks sinful! Can I add some vodka??? Ha!!!

XOXO-

Becca said...

Hey girl, I don't even like shrimp and it looks good to me!
I have made that strawberry sorbet several times and have even frozen some and I just love it. I use the vanilla flavored stevia drops to make it. I also made the orange julius but found that it needed to be consumed at the time it is blended because it didn't freeze well at all. It was a bitter pulpy mess.
Glad to hear you're doing better after the CAKE disaster! I gotta admit I was laughing about that one. I knew you'd recover and I was amazed that you didn't gain from that! good for you...