Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Day 23 of VLCD Done! - 2nd day of planned break

Starting weight: 182
Yesterday: 167.2
Today: 166.3
.9 lb. Release Overnight
15.7 lb. Released Since Start of VLCD 1/14/2008
0.68 Avg Daily release

Nice... I had a good loss 2 days in a row. That hasn't happened since my first week.

Here's yesterday's vittles:
B: Coffee with 1/2 & 1/2
L: shrimp with cocktail sauce & sliced tomatoes with salt and mrs dash with an apple
D: 96% lean hamburger made with bragg's amino acids and spices with mustard dressing on top, sauted spinach in garlic & beef broth with strawberry sorbet.

I got a new magic bullet. I've been meaning to buy one for a while and I thought it would be perfect for this protocol. I made the strawberry sorbet in it last night, with frozen strawberries, water, lemon and stevia. It was so good, I almost felt guilty! I MUST have that again. I was thinking about trying it with frozen oranges as well.

I am sooo ready for this break this weekend. I was thinking about why I need it. Why did I need this weekend to shoot for to keep me sane? In my head, I just felt that I could resist anything for one more week if I can just have ham and cheese eggs on saturday morning! I am sooo looking forward to that. I'm going to stick to just coffee and an apple on friday morning, just in case there's any hcg left in my system, but saturday morning... It's ON! So... that has been the source of my willpower, and it's a good thing too because one of my really sweet co-workers made me rice krispie treats for my birthday and brought in alcohol mini's for my team yesterday. I took one and stuck it in my lunch bag to bring home to DH again. I'm keeping the little bottle of wine for me this weekend. Did I pick the worst month to go through P2 or what?! I just returned to this company recently, but I don't remember there being THIS much food. I think evil forces are trying to make me fail, and I just won't let them get that satisfaction.

The time is getting away from me so I'd better wrap this up.

In response to yesterday's comments.

lili - You got that right. I would have loved the ten bucks instead! Apparently the salad was really good accorging to DH.

biz - Thanks. And another big loss today for me! I'm loving it. Now I guess I go by yesterday's injection weight to check my 2 lbs over against for the weekend. Is that right? If so, I'm ahead of the game already. WOO HOO!

ed & jennifer - Hey peeps. That cocktail sauce was a doosey. I started out with tammy's recipe, but I didn't care for it so I went to allrecipes.com and altered these 2 recipes chili sauce & cocktail sauce, but I just kinda threw it together. I'll put it together again and write it down next time.

CB - I am going to savor that dinner and breakfast the next day. mmmm cheese :) It was really difficult making that choice, but now that I've done it once, I know I can do it again. I just put it away so I couldn't see it & Biz's mustard dressing had somethig to do with it too because I knew my salad would taste really good.

mary - You know, I really was in great spirits yesterday. I am again today. I'm feeling lighter and I keep getting compliments. Can't beat that.


Sorry I haven't been able to make many blog rounds lately. I've been short on time because of working late. I'll try to catch up with everyone over the weekend. Happy Tuesday everyone!

6 comments:

smacmo said...

Hey Monica! Enjoy this "interruption"! i know that I already have my first meal planned for when i finish this round! LOL

EweWho said...

I have a Bullet too! I love it. When I wasn't on protocol I used it daily to make my protein shake. I am thinking that on my next round I may indulge in the shake to see if I can handle it. It's funny how we get more daring with each passing round.

Enjoy your break!

maryg911 said...

Glad to hear you are in good spirits today as well, but that should be everyday, right?

I want a magic bullet too!! I think JC Penney has their brand on sale today so I may just go get one!!

Good luck on your "break" and enjoy!!

Ed & Jennifer said...

Oh, we love our Magic Bullet!

I want ham and cheese eggs! Oh, I hope my last 18 days go by fast!

Yesterday was your LIW right?! You are already ahead of the game-.9 under-nice!

Keep us posted! Thanks for the recipe links!

BizBuzz said...

Ok, I need a magic bullet now, I feel so out of the loop. WAH WAH WAH - Yes, go by your LIW - if you start your VLCD close to that, you will be whistling dixie! You have to give us a blow by blow account of what is going on!

Becca said...

Biz, Me too! Where have I been? I didn't even know they existed. Now I can't live without one!
And Monica, we're both having trouble making the rounds lately. So today may have to last me for a while! I'm glad I stopped by and saw your magic bullet ad though.
I tried the strawberry sorbet and loved it too. I actually used vanilla flavored stevia for it and WOW! sooo good. I froze several for later use. The orange julius recipe was also awesome and the magic bullet would be perfect to make it in! But I tried to freeze some of that and it failed miserably for some reason. It was very bitter and a pulpy mess when I tried to eat it. So I hope you have better luck with it than me.