Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Saturday, February 9, 2008

Second day of my little P3 break

Starting weight: 182
Yesterday: 167.9
Today: 168.2
.3 lb Gain Overnight

Break LIW: 168.1 on 2/4/08
.1 lbs OVER LIW

mmmm..... great day yesterday. Dinner was fabulous. I had a few no no's but all in all, not too shabby. Here's what I ate yesterday.

B: 2 eggs with 1.5 ounces of cheddar, 3 ounces of ham steak. cup af yerba mate tea with stevia.
L: cup of homemade chili with 2 T grated cheddar
Snacks: apple with 1.5 ounces of gouda, plain apple, 4 celery stalks with smucker's natural peanut butter
D: 2 large sea scallops with mixed vegetables and a reduction of balsamic vinegar
broiled salmon with a brandy based cream sauce with tomato and capers
1 cup of pasta with marinara sauce
vanilla gilato with fresh strawberries & half a cannoli
coffee with cream and splenda

That adds up to about 2500 calories with 110 g fat, 125 g carbs, 184 g protein.

Ok so, everything after the main course was a total and blatant deviation. I was planning on eating the dessert, but I ate the pasta too! ARRRGH! I did manage to stay away from the bread on the table though. Now it's clean up time. I'm still below my LIW threshold. I was totally prepared to do a steak day today, however, I'll just be eating light today. I'm going to keep it at around 1500 calories & see if I can either repair the damage or not have another gain. As it stands, I'm happy with the results of this break so far. Dinner was amazing and I'm TOTALLY going back to that resteraunt.

I was really happy to get DH out of the house yesterday. He hasn't been out besides going to see the doctor since jan 14th when he had his surgery. We also went to see our travel agent to compare prices for the carnival cruise that jennifer told me about. Now... I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. When she inquired about the cruise, they said they were running a special on that particular cruise where we would pay for the lowest level stateroom and get bumped up to the highest level oceanview stateroom for the same price. We just had to book it before monday. We then went back home to crunch some numbers and decided that we would do it. When we went back to the travel agent & she called carnival back, they couldn't FIND the special. She insisted that she was told by the other agent that this special did exist & after about 20 minutes, they gave us the special & we booked the cruise. If we had gotten the 2nd agent first, we would have never know about the special and probably wouldn't have booked it. The group's travel agent already has enough peolple to get their group discount, so it won't hurt the group for us to use another travel agent. Now we're going on this cruise and we haven't been on one since our honeymoon. I am sooo excited! So... Ed & Jennifer and anyone else that's going... We'll see you there! Jennifer - thank you so much for bringing it to my attention.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes yesterday. I have an appointment to get to so I gotta go. Enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

maryg911 said...

Oh my gawd!! Why, didn't you warn us about your menu? My laptop is going to short out, woman!! I just love smoked gouda, it's da bomb!!

Hey and you are doing very well, how long of a break are you going to be taking?

BizBuzz said...

This is not meant to be condescending but I am so stinking proud of you! You had exactly what you wanted and nothing more. WOO HOO FOR YOU!!! You will be starting VLCD back in a very good place! WOOT!

Crystal Lee said...

Oh how fun!!! Hubby and I are going on the cruise too. Can not wait to meet you guys. :)

You are doing fab hon and keep that positive attitude! It will get you places. :)

Crystal :D
TNgal80