Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Thursday, February 7, 2008

Day 24 of VLCD Done! - 3rd day of planned break

Starting weight: 182
Yesterday: 166.3
Today: 165.9
.4 lb. Release Overnight
16.3 lb. Released Since Start of VLCD 1/14/2008
0.68 Avg Daily release

Break LIW: 168.1 on 2/4/08
2.2 lbs Under LIW

wow.... another loss. I wasn't expecting that but I'll take it!

Yesterday's menu was:
B: Coffee with 1/2 and 1/2, an apple
L: grilled chicken and boiled cabbage (I never get tired of that)
D: grilled chicken and strawberry spinach salad with tammy's strawberry viniagrette dressing, strawberry lemonade & 2 melba rounds & 3 slices of DHs steak.

OK.... I was so hungry last night I felt like taking a bite out of the couch! I guess the hcg was starting to leave my system. I took 3 bites of DHs steak instead. He cooked it with no oil & just spices so it wasn't a complete deviation. I was only at 400 calories for the day by that time anyway & it was delish.

Thanks to the hcg2 message board, I realized yesterday that I was planning on increasing my calories too late. Since I took my last shot at 6am monday morning, today is my day to increase my calories. I'm just going to have an apple and coffee for breakfast, but I'll eat have a P3 lunch today.

I've noticed a few rashes on my skin this past week. It doesn't look serious, and I'm guessing that toxins are being release from fat that hasn't been accessed before. That makes sense to me because I'm getting down to a weight that I haven't reached in a long time. 163 is the lowest I've gotten in the last 10 years & I certainly didn't lose abnormal fat when I was down to that weight. That's what I was when I decided I just couldn't handle weight watchers anymore because I was so hungry all the time. It took me 28 weeks to get to that weight and I shot back up to 186 within 12 weeks. So... 162 is my "I made it over the hump" weight. I know everyone must have one of those. I guess I can go ahead and use some cortisone ointment on those rashed today though.

I've also noticed that I've been really snippy to people over the past few days. I seem to be coming off of that hcg euphoria that I had. Goodies were more difficult to resist at work yesterday too. I know it wasn't in my head because it was just too strong. It did go away if I refocused my energy though. I drank a LOT of tea yesterday.

On to my much needed support system

smacmo - I am definately going to enjoy it. I'm going to try not to go overboard. I'm going to try some of the P3 recipes that I've seen on the message boards as well.

Regina - The bullet sure made my dinner easy yesterday. I used a lot of puréed strawberries and it was super quick.

Mary - Oh, I highly recommend it. I can think of all kinds of things to do with it. It will also make juicing my lemons much easier. Ha... I sound like a commercial now :)

Ed & Jennifer - Actually monday was my LIW so I'm 2.2 under it already. I'm glad to be ahead by a bit, just in case I go a little nuts. You're quite welcomed for the recipe links. That's one of my favorite sites for reference. oooh, I called to inquire about the cruise last night. I'm pretty sure we'll be there. DH and I haven't planned our yearly trip for this year yet, and this is my year to choose. I think this would be perfect & he agrees so it's in the works. We haven't been on a cruise since our honeymoon.

biz - Thanks for your reply yesterday. I probably would have been starvin marvin today! After I ordered my bullet I saw one in BJs for $50, so I guess they're selling them in retail stores now.

becca - Hey... nice to see you! I haven't tried the orange julius recipe yet, but I was thinking of doing an orange sorbet. I would cut the orange pulp away from the sectional skins and freeze them first. Those section skins can be bitter sometimes. They're high in fiber though so I wouldn't do that with an orange often.

5 comments:

maryg911 said...

Enjoy your P3 meal for today!!

I'll go get it today, I forgot to do that yesterday, hopefully they still have some, ha!!

BizBuzz said...

WOOT! There it is! You will rawk, don't forget, we need DETAILS!

beachbrights said...

Hang in there. Nice .4 loss and enjoy your P3 foods. Have fun on your break!

EweWho said...

Losses are so much more appreciated when they aren't expected!

I'm anxious to see how your break goes. I hope it is very successful. It's always nice to start back on P2 at or near LIW. You've already got a head start, KEEP IT!!!

Ed & Jennifer said...

Monica, I'm so excited that the cruise may be a possablitity...yay! Keep me posted okay?!

This weekend will be a much needed break for you, enjoy it-you derserve it!