Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Got through the first weekend

Starting weight: 181.2
1st Load day: 182.6 gain of 1.2 overnight
2nd Load day: 186.2 gain of 3.6 overnight
Today: 182.6 loss of 3.6 overnight

I've decided to start a blog even though I'm not sure I'll be able to keep up with it consistently. Thanks DH and Biz. I think it'll be a good place to keep my progress as well.

Well... I've started my own weight loss journey with HCG sooner than I expected to. I originally bought KT's book about 6 months ago because it was cheap and I was curious. I read it in about 2 days & was very skeptical of it and decided to do a web search on it to see how much of a scam it was. So obviously I got convinced instead when I started reading the hcgdieters group. There were so many people there having great progress that I just kept reading. The reading turned into research, and I even ordered my HCG back in October so I would be prepared but I decided that there was no way I could start something like that right before the holidays and football season cus we do it big as far as party food is concerned. We're always hosting football and holiday parties with lots of goodies & hot wings. I also was really afraid that I'd be hungry during the VLCD days.

This past week, I coudn't get into my favorite apple bottom jeans, and I decided that enough is enough. I'm going to have to start taking control of this madness. I'm glad I did. So far, the fear of hunger has been unwarranted. I did my first injection on saturday 1/12/2008, and although I was a little freaked out by stabbing myself in the stomach with a sharp object, it went surprisingly well. Right now I think this will be a short round because I'm going away for a weekend in february and I plan on eating out a few times. I may change my mind and continue the injections through that planned "cheat" though. I'm not sure yet.

Yesterday was my first VLCD day and I spent it in the hospital with DH waiting for him to get out of out patient surgery. I made my lunch the night before and wouldn't you know it... I left it at home! To my surprise, I didn't actually feel hungry until about 4pm. I don't know if it was nervousness over the surgery, but I honestly didn't feel hungry. I was able to get an orange from the hospital cafe at around 5 pm or so. That dispelled the hunger. I ate my lunch for dinner when we got home at around 7pm without a fruit because I didn't think enough time had past between the orange time and that dinner. Thinking back on it, I probably should have had another fruit. I ended up eating about 208 calories yesterday.

I lost my entire 2nd day of load weight overnight (3.6 lbs). Normally I would be ecstatic, but now I think that I may have wasted the fat that would have kept my hunger at bay for a few days. I'm guessing that's how it works, but I'll find out.

3 comments:

Crystal Lee said...

Well first of all I am so excited about a new Blog!! :) Thanks for posting.

Secondly, congrats on starting the program and I wish you the best success in the world.

So after reading your post there are just a couple of suggestions I want to make in order to make your life a bit easier in HCG Land. :)

First, you have to inject at least 21 days without stopping the injections for it to make a positive difference with your hypothalamus (no I cant spell) HA!

Also, on your "planned cheat" days please make sure you are off of the injections before you cheat. You can do severe damage to your body if you do not. (Gain wise)
Biz might be able to explain it better than I can.

Okay so that being said, dont take this as I am downing your program. (I sometimes can not stand it when people do that! LOL) I just know from my experiences how things have gone down. (Injections, cheats, etc.)

I am glad to have you around and posting. Good luck hon!

Crystal :D

BizBuzz said...

LOOK AT YOU! It's about stinking TIME I tell you!

Listen to Crystal! LOL - she said just about all! Keep us updated now, even tho you might not feel like writing, post your stats, that's what we need! NUMBERS!

BizBuzz said...

Oh, and about the cheat, do not attempt cheating WITH HCG - it's better to go OFF. Let me know what you decide ok?