Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Day 15 of VLCD Done!

Starting weight: 186.2
Yesterday: 173.2
Today: 173.0
0.2 lb. Released Overnight
13.2 lb. Released Since Start of VLCD 1/14/2008
0.88 Avg Daily loss

ok... I'm happy about that. I'm probably still paying for my brunch, but I'm still losing. That's a great thing. I really thought I would see a gain today. I had 539 calories yesterday too because I had chicken and beef in the same day. Normally I have fish on the day I eat beef to balance out the calories, so I didn't eat my 2nd fruit, but I was still over. Not hungry though. I still think THAT's pretty amazing.

Here's what I ate yesterday:
B: nothing
L: grilled chicken, sauted chard, an apple
D: steak & carmelized onions with bragg's amino acids, essence & water(this was great, thanks Jennifer!)

Ok... I've been wanting sugary stuff since yesterday. Could that be because I had my first sugar in 2 weeks at the brunch the other day? I've heard that sugar makes your body want more sugar. Someone offered me a brownie yesterday and I really came very close to eating it, where before, it was pretty easy to turn things down. Well... it was gooey & she had baked it with a hershey bar in the middle. That might have been why it was so tempting too... LOL!

I'm going to try to have a low salt, high water intake day today. I'm due for a big loss & I don't want any hinderances. Well, that's all I've got today.

In response to yesterday's comments:

Biz - Thanks, it was hard. The brunch was at an expensive hotel with a view of the baltimore harbor so the food was probably great. I calculated my calories for that day and they were only 418, so maybe that's why I didn't gain. and about my friends... you know, I look alot different in my clothes than without them. My friends probably have no idea that I have back fat! & I hold my stomach in everywhere I go... always have, so I can understand their reaction to me losing any weight, cus I already wear a size 10.

lili - Welcome lili. Thanks for stopping by. After I wash my hair, I towel dry it and heat up the oil in the microwave in a shot glass for about 30 seconds. I pour in over my hair while it's still wet. I put a plastic cap on my head and sit under a hooded dryer for about 20 minutes. Then I rinse out the excess oil without shampoo because my hair is very dry and needs the oil.

maryg911 - oh boy was that a dosey. 40 bucks! I try not to think about it, but I used to spend that on weight watchers every month and that turned out to be a waste of time and money, so I put it all in perspective.
People think they're giving you a compliment when they say you don't need to lose any more weight. I let it go in one ear and out the other now. I know what my limits are.

cb9094 - Hi... welcome to my blog. That's exactly what I'm going to do today... water water water.

Ed & Jennifer - Since ed's adding his postings now, I'd better start saying hi :) I will probably only notice a difference in pics when my rolls are gone. Interesting how we look at our own bodies.
Those indulgences were GOOD too :) They certainly were worth it.

becca - Evil evil buffets. I can't tell you how happy I am to not have gained over that.

Thanks everybody for checking on me every day. You guys are with me all day long. I think to myself, "If I cheat, I'll have to post it and answer to them." Thanks for keeping me on track.

2 comments:

BizBuzz said...

Monica, sometimes it takes a couple of days to get rid of the deviation, just stick with it.

And on this last break I sure have discovered the vicious cycle that sugar causes. I don't want that again.

GO GIRL!

Ed & Jennifer said...

Yes, sugar is evil! At least you aren't having to pay the price with the scale, things are still moving along!

I know what you mean about not wanting to cheat because then you'll have to tell all of us...it works, I mean who could turn down a brownie with a melted Hershey bar in the middle-I'm impressed! Wow, that sounds good....