Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Saturday, January 26, 2008

Day 12 of VLCD Done!

Starting weight: 186.2
Yesterday: 174.2
Today: 174.0
0.2 lb. Released Overnight
12.2 lb. Released Since Start of VLCD 1/14/2008
1.02 Avg Daily loss

Alright... there we go. The scale's moving the right way.

Yesterday's menu was:
B: coffee with half & half
L: orange chicken & cucumbers.
S: mid afternoon orange
D: steamed shrimp with old bay, sliced tomato, strawberry smoothie with stevia.
Okay... I did splash about a half cup of freshly squeezed orange juice into my smoothie, but it was sooo good.
S: 2 melba rounds

That old bay steamed shrimp will be my P2 fast food. They steam it right at the deli counter for me & I just get some raw ones to cook at home later. That way, I can weight the raw ones and I know how many of the steamed ones I can eat.

I'm really happy that I had a loss this morning, but I've been thinking about something lately. I am currently using 175 iu's of hcg daily and I skip sunday's. I chose to use 175 because of reading KTs book, which I haven't picked up since reading pounds & inches BTW. I know it's only been 12 days, but I think I want to try mixing a batch of 125 to see if that works for me. It's not only because of my stalls that I'd ike to do this. My right eye has been "jumping" every day that I've been on the injections... just these little spasms that feel really weird, but are pretty much harmless. I have no idea what that means, but I just feel like I'm probably getting more hcg than I need. I'll mix my 125 batch on tuesday unless I learn by then that I really shouldn't switch for some reason. I know Biz and others use 125 and they're having great results, I just figured that somehow I would be different and would need more to get the same results. I'm not bailing on my progress or anything. I think my progress is great. I'm just really curious as to whether I can make it on 125.

My brilliantine came yesterday. I haven't tried it yet, but it smells good and it's petroleum based. I'm surprised that Dr. S. allows this on P2 because it's so greasy, but it will be perfect for my hair. I'll use rubber gloves while applying it though. If this is allowed, I would imagine that he would have allowed other hair moisturizers as well which would explain why others aren't having problems with their hair products.

One more thing. I came across this little poem a few days ago.
You can replace the 1 with .2:

Only One Pound

Hello, do you know me?
If you don't, you should. I'm a pound of fat,
And I'm the HAPPIEST pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.
Want to know why?
It's because no one ever wants to lose me; I'm ONLY ONE POUND, just a pound!
Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds, or fifteen pounds, but never only one.
So I just stick around and happily keep you fat.
Then I add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice it.
That is, until I've grown to ten, twenty, thirty or even more pounds in weight.
Yes, it's fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT, left to do as I please.
So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying, "Oh, I only lost one pound."For you see, if you do this, you'll encourage others to keep me around because they'll think I'm not worth losing.
And, I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you. Happy Days!!!
After all, I'm ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!!

Ok... on to yesterday's comments:

Biz - Thanks sweetie. I always try to stay positive, but it's pretty easy when you're down 12.2 lbs in less than 2 weeks. Can't forget that .2 :) Thanks for the kind words. I can stair step all the way to my goal. Stairs always get to where they're going.

ewewho - No problem. let me know if you have any questions. My email is
Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate it whether you post or not :)

jennifer - Thank so much. My goal was always to look better in my clothes & as long as that is happening, I'm just fine. BTW... My great attitude is fueled by reading others success, so thanks for posting you and ed's progress.

maryg911 - Yup, fitting into my old clothes feels really good because I know how they fit before, but I can't wait to go shopping for NEW clothes. There's nothing like a store fitting room mirror to tell you the truth about your body. I always thought those things were evil.

becca - Thanks becca... I took a peek at your blog just now. Fantastic! you're doing great too!

4 comments:

BizBuzz said...

The reason why petroleum works from what Martha says is that the molecules are too big to get absorbed by the skin, so that is why he allowed it.

Don't be disappointed in your .2 - I asked you some ?'s at Yahoo, check it out when you can ok?

Ed & Jennifer said...

Great poem...I'm going to print it! I was using Old Bay on my R1 and wasn't losing as much-it has quite a bit of sodium and I think even MSG, just a thought!

I did 175 iu last round-wasn't good for me! This round back down to 125 iu-perfect!

Doing great my friend...

maryg911 said...

OMG, your eye twitches too? I thought it was just me. A mild side affect if you ask me, it went away eventually but it was weird. Congrats on the loss and let us know what happens when you lower your dose.

EweWho said...

MMmmm, I love shrimp. I buy frozen ones from Sam's Club and just stir-fry them (no oil) in a pan. I haven't tried the Old Bay on them, although I have some in the cabinet. Thanks for the tip.

I'm doing sublingual. I started with the maximum dose, 333, but had serious side effects of brain fog and cut back to 250. This round I decided to try 200 and it is working fine. I may reduce it again when I make the next batch.

I hadn't heard of brilliantine unitl you brought it up. My hair is pretty dry from the winter air. I may see if I can find it at a local Walgreen's. Thanks for the info.

Keep that scale moving in the right direction!