Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Sunday, January 27, 2008

Day 13 of VLCD Done!

Starting weight: 186.2
Yesterday: 174
Today: 173.2
0.8 lb. Released Overnight
13 lb. Released Since Start of VLCD 1/14/2008
1.0 Avg Daily loss
6.98% body fat lost to date

Losses 2 days in a row. Love it, love it, love it.

Yesterday's menu was:
B: Yerba Mate tea with stevia
L: steamed shrimp with old bay & boiled cabbage seasoned with garlic and spices
D: baked flounder with essence & an apple

I had a pretty boring day yesterday, but it was restful. I got to clean my house a bit, and I'm really settling into my VLCD. I have committed the allowed foods to memory and I have a few meals that I enjoy that are easy to prepare. I've got a nice little comfort with it now. That's a good thing because today will be my first social test. It's one of my friend's birthday today & we always go to a brunch at a hotel in the area. I may go off the diet a bit for the first time. I've pretty much decided to get an egg white omlet made with onions and peppers. I know they're going to make the omelet with butter, but I'll tell them to go easy on it. I'll drink coffee and water. Hopefully they'll have an apple or orange that I can grab with that & I won't eat any other meat today. That's the plan, hopefully I can stick to it.

I've decided that every other sunday will be picture and measurment day so here they are.


Day 1Day 13CHANGE
NECK15141
BUST4139.51.5
UNDER BUST3635.50.5
WAIST3634.51.5
HIGH HIP40.5391.5
LOW HIP40400
UPPER THIGH25.2525.250
LOWER THIGH22.2520

2.25

KNEE15.5150.5
CALF1615.50.5
UPPER ARM1413.50.5
LOWER ARM1211.250.75
INCHES LOST10.5



I'm out of time for now. I will update this post with pictures later on today. I need to get ready for my brunch.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, I'm back from my brunch. I'll give an update on that tomorrow, but for now, here are my progress pictures:





Oh yeah... I did a hot oil treatment on my hair with baby oil yesterday. It worked great! It helped my hair to hold in moisture and it was much less brittle this morning. I also used the brilliantine today. I love it... it's just what I need for daily use & it smells nice too.

In response to yesterday's comments:

Biz - I know I'm all over the place & I know I need to just let the protocol do what it does, but it's hard to not speculate about what I might be doing wrong. I am going to lower my dosage though.

Jennifer - You are so right. It is loaded with salt & it's got MSG too. Thanks for calling me on that because I didn't check before, but just for you I went and found a recipe for homeade old bay online today. I'm going to try it and if it's good, I'll post it later. I need to get a few more spices first though.

maryg911 - wow... another eye twitcher? That's why I try to post all of my experiences. It feels good to have company in little things like that.

ewewho - I will definately be getting frozen shrimp from sams or bj's. They're probably less expensive that way. Thank YOU for the info.

4 comments:

maryg911 said...

Yes, please let us know what happens!! Good Luck to you and I know you'll make the right decision!!

Ed & Jennifer said...

Nice loss and realllly nice loss in inches...amazing huh?! All we want is to look good, who cares what the scale says! I like to go back to my beginning measurements and put the tape where I used to be and see all that room-it's amazing!

No worries about today, its life and we still have to live a "little" so enjoy it, you know what you're doing!

BizBuzz said...

OMG! Look at those pics! Can you see it Monica? Can you see the difference? Can you see the way your bra is fitting different? Can you believe that you can get rid of BACK FAT that easily??? Forgive me but do you see how your boobs are perkier! OMG - this is only two weeks!

Awesome pics!!! You are losing in places you can't measure my dear, the pictures tell all!!!

Becca said...

Wow Monica, your results are awesome. you can really see a great difference. I can't believe it's from just two weeks. It looks as much as I've seen some people lose on a whole round! Way to go!