Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Day 8 of VLCD Done!

Starting weight: 186.2
Yesterday: 175.8
Today: 175.8
0 lb. Released Overnight
10.4 lb. Released Since Start of VLCD 1/14/2008
1.3 Avg Daily loss

Day 2 of my stall, but I didn't gain and that's a good thing. I had decided that I wouldn't do an apple day before I began, so I'll just wait it out. I followed the protocol 100% yesterday so I should be fine. It's disappointing to not see a loss again though.

Yesterday's menu was:
B: none, just water
L: 1/2 grapefruit, tomatoes & a 3.5 oz crab cake. I just followed my own recipe omitting the egg & mayo.
D: Strawberries, 3.5 oz lean steak, 1 carmelized onion

My crab cake:
I just followed my own recipe omitting the egg & mayo.
I didn't measure anything, but here are the ingredients
7 oz crab meat
dry mustard
onion powder
garlic powder
essence
squeeze of lemon
4 crushed melba toast rounds moistened with a bit of milk
dried parsley

Shape in a custard cup or muffin tin. (it won't keep it's shape with no egg). Broil for about 10 minutes or until it's brown on top. Makes 2 servings

I hope the steak isn't causing my stall. I'll just eat chicken and fish until I have another loss. I'm hoping that others are right and it's just my body playing catchup, but I can't help 2nd guessing myself. I knew my daily average would start to even out to about 1 lb a day, but I was hoping that it wouldn't happen so drastically. Hopefully, I'll have a loss tomorrow.

Not much happened yesterday. We just sat around playing video games & watching movies. Good times :)

In response to yesterday's comments:

Renee - It's actually been easier than usual to stay away from the junk. It must be the hcg. I love that. As far as the half & half goes, I'll use it as a treat. I can find other uses for my 1T of milk that I can use skim or 2% for.

Becca - I buy a shoulder roast and cut it up into 3.5 oz servings. Heat the pan up to high heat. I use a stainless steal pan for this to get a better sear. Put the steak in the pan with your seasoning on it, but no liquid. Cook about 1-2 minutes on each side depending on how you like it & how thick it is. If it's getting too brown and you want it cooked more, you can throw it under the broiler to cook through, but I like mine pretty rare. Take the steak out of the pan & deglaze the pan with beef broth. Throw in the onions and saute them on high heat until their a translucent and a little brown. Keep adding beef broth as the pan gets dry during cooking with no oil.

Jennifer - I really did enjoy my day off. Thanks. I'm not so sure about the tea tree oil anymore. I did wash it out. I think I'm just in a normal stall cus I didn't do anything shady yesterday and still no loss.

Biz - I did take new measurements yesterday by your suggestion, but I don't have time to post them today. I will say that I lost a total of 3.25 inches though, so something IS happening thank goodness.

Renee - Yup... my thoughts exactly. Thanks so much for the encouragment. It really means alot.

6 comments:

Ed & Jennifer said...

Oh dang-it 2 days is a row-that'll test your patience huh?! You have the right attitude and unfortunately stalls and slow releases are part of the process (still knowing that doesn't make it any easier though). Tomorrow that scale will be moving down again-watch!

Couple of questions-are you using fresh or packaged crab? And the beef broth is it store bought?

Love the mouse "thingy" I kept moving it all around the page-that is so cool! 145-YOU CAN DO IT!

BizBuzz said...

mmmm, your crab cake recipe looks delish! I can't wait to try it. You did WELL!!! Good for you!

You remember my stalls yes? On my first round alone, 9 different times I stalled, 5 times 2 days the same weight, 4 times 3 days the same weight. It is just your body playing catchup!

Renee said...

I know those stalls can be disappointing. One thing of note, whenever I ate fresh crab, I stalled. It's full of so much sodium that it always caused me to retain water. Perhaps that's what is happening with you. Just an idea!

Unknown said...

Monica, Love your blog! Although I must admit I'm pulling for the Other Guys ;)
You might just be holding water due to high sodium intake, which should sort itself out soon---the stall will break, and you will drop weight like a rock! Other things to consider are TOM and BMs--either can mess you up for a few days....keep on going, you're doing great!

Marshall

smacmo said...

Hi Monica. I have read of your progress on the HCG boards, and we are one day apart, and I stalled for 2 days too. But today, I'm having the same thirsty, peeing type day! Also my hubby said that some days my breathe is much more "rank". Those seem to be the days that I drop big drops. Anyway, I have started to blog too, but not as interesting as yours! Shelly

Becca said...

Monica, THANKS for the steak and onions recipe. I printed the instructions out and will try it tomorrow. I think it will work with the steak I have on hand. And that thing with the pointer is VERY cool. You're kind of techie aren't you?
Here's hoping you have a great loss tomorrow. I stalled many times in my first round for 1,2 or 3 days and I usually lost over a pound on the day my stall broke...