Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Day 16 of VLCD Done!

Starting weight: 186.2
Yesterday: 173.0
Today: 173.0
0 lb. Released Overnight
13.2 lb. Released Since Start of VLCD 1/14/2008
0.83 Avg Daily release

AARRRRRRGH!!! This stair stepping thing BLOWS! ok... there. That's out. Is it a stall or is it the long term effects of sugar 3 days ago? Hard to tell without a gain. Plus this is a set weight for me as well, so I know it'll be hard to beat. Well it certainly wasn't yesterday's menu. Here's what I ate:

B: Yerba Mate tea with stevia
L: grilled chicken with essence & sauted garlic spinach. Strawberries
D: shrimp with essence & sauted spinach. 1/2 grapefruit.
S: 2 melba rounds. Stevia lemonade.
3+ liter of water

Well, today is my first 125 injection as apposed to 175. I guess I really won't see a difference today because yesterday's dose is still in my system. I'll just see what happens. I do know one thing though. I definately need a new scale. Mine seems to be dieing. I have to get on it 2-3 times in the morning because the 1st weight is usually whatever it was the last time I got on it. I guess it's got some kinda memory problem.... so, off to get a weight watchers scale. I hear they're the best.

Ok... last week, I only lost 2.6 lbs all week. This week has GOT to be better than that. I say "only" but in the WW world, I would have been jumpting up and down. What has happened to my brain?

It's going to be a difficult temptation weekend for me. The dreaded superbowl party is sunday and my birthday is on saturday (groundhog's day). I have a plan, but it'll just come down to shear willpower really. Luckily the party is at my own house so I have control over what's here. Originally I was going to use this weekend as my load because of my birthday and this party, but I just couldn't stand all that extra weight anymore so I started earlier. The way I was going, I would have probably been another 5 lbs heavier than my starting weight by now. Losing over 13 lbs is a great gift to myself.

In response to yesterday's comments.

Biz - I've learned my lesson. No more sugar for me.

Ed & Jennifer - I am DEFINATELY making some of those brownies as soon as I can eat some sugar. I got the recipe from her so I didn't have to be tormented that I was missing an opportunity.

4 comments:

smacmo said...

Ok Monica, First thanks for stopping by my blog! You spurred me back to posting on it! Secondly, OMG we are so close in start dates, stair stepping etc, deciding to reduce our doses, that it's almost eery! LOL Now you have a Feb b-day. Gee you could come to our house and go see the Hannah Montana 3-D movie with my daughter and her friends for her Feb 4 b-day! Don't you want to go to a theatre full of screaming little girls????

maryg911 said...

Hang in there girl!! Don't stalls just suck the big one? Sorry, but I feel your pain. This coming weekend is going to be a test for you?

Ed & Jennifer said...

Stupid scale! We have a love hate relationship with it huh?! Stay strong Monica, you are doing great and no matter how good the food is the weight loss is the reward! Keep your spirits up!

Becca said...

That really does sound like a set point issue and sometimes you just have to wait it out. Sometimes you even go up and down a little around a setpoint so staying steady is not necessarily a bad thing. You're doing a great job of staying on protocol (aside from the little sugar incident) so you know you'll be seeing some movement soon. Happy losing!