Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Day 9 of VLCD Done!

Starting weight: 186.2
Yesterday: 175.8
Today: 175.8
0 lb. Released Overnight
10.4 lb. Released Since Start of VLCD 1/14/2008
1.16 Avg Daily loss

Hmmm.... this is getting frustrating, but I'm hanging in there & it's still not a gain.

Yesterday's menu was:
B: organic apple cinnamon tea with stevia & lemon
L: chicken sauted in orange & lemon juice, romaine lettuce and tammy's orange vinaigrette. 2 melba toast rounds
D: chicken sauted in lemon juice & water. boiled cabbage seasoned with garlic and spices. apple & 2 melba rounds

First of all something strange happened yesterday. TOM looks like it came back! I already had that the day I started my injections and it lasted for 3 days. I noticed that it was heavier & earlier than normal. I thought that was strange cus you can set your watch by my TOM normally. Well yesterday, I thought I was just spotting, which never happens, but by the end of the day it was clearly more than that. I haven't read any posts or blogs where that's happened to anyone else. I'm not sure what to make of it. I'm going to do my injection today anyway. I guess this is how the hcg is affecting my body. I think I'll read P&I again to see if I can find any hidden clues.

Jennifer asked me yesterday what kind of beef broth and crab I'm using & I immediately thought. DUH! I'm using store bought beef broth! Hah... that's why those onions are so good! :) It's Swanson's low sodium, fat free and I'm not sure what's in it cus I transferred it to a jar after I opened it and I had it before VLCD, but it's probably made with carrots and maybe molasses or something. I should have learned my lesson with the vegetable stock incident last week, but I'm a little dense sometimes. I'm also using a good quality canned lump crab meat by Phillips. I'm sure there's a lot of salt in that. Well... besides the little bit of salt in my cabbage yesterday, I haven't had any salty food since the crab & I've been drinking an insane amount of water (for me anyway). I had 3.5 liters yesterday.

Ok... so I'm in a stall and when I think about not losing any weight I'm a little bummed over it, however when I think on it more, I realize that I've been living perfectly fine on 500 calories a day for over a week now! I actually have more energy than normal & I generally feel great. I haven't really been hungry except for bedtime & then I just drink some tea or water and go to bed. Obviously something's got to be happening because I just HAVE to be burning calories, don't I? I've taken measurements, but I've always been bad at it. They never seem very accurate when I go to do it again. Anyway, here they are:

Week 1Week 2CHANGE
NECK15150
BUST41410
UNDER BUST36360
WAIST3635.50.5
HIP40.540.50
UPPER THIGH25.2525.250
LOWER THIGH22.2520.51.75
KNEE15.515.5
CALF16160
UPPER ARM1413.50.5
LOWER ARM12120
INCHES PER WK LOST3.25


This weeks measurements were actually taken on monday, so I guess they could be different now.

In response to yesterday's comments:

Jennifer - aw well... counting day 3 now. Still in good spirits though and not going to do an apple day. I grabbed that cursor code from this site called http://www.dynamicdrive.com/. There's alot of cool stuff on that site. It takes some web programming skill to get them to work on this blog though. I can help if you want something like that on your blog.

Biz - As long as I don't see a gain, I'm good to go. You're blog has been a huge help. I find myself going back to your earlier days on VLCD to see how you handled things. It must be great to have that as a point of reference for yourself. I'm so glad you and other bloggers are around.

Renee - I think that might be part of it as well. I've always been sensitive to salt. My feet & fingers used to swell when I had to much so I should watch it in the future.

Marshall - TOM has passed, but somethin else was goin on yesterday. No BMs in a few days. I have some Smooth Move tea, but Dr. S writes that it's normal to not go for 3 or 4 days. I'm on day 4 now. I'll drink some of the tea tonight. Thanks for reminding me.
AARGH! You're killin me, marshall! The OTHER guys need to be brought DOWN. That's ok... we're used to being the underdogs. That's when we do our best work. lol

smacmo - Welcome. Thanks for stopping by. It's nice to have a new P2 blogging buddy. I'll check it out when I'm done here.

becca - I'm a web & software programmer by profession. I'm not a web "designer" but I have a few tricks up my sleeve. I'm glad you like it. HA... after saying that, my blog probably looks kind of boring now. I'm sure I'll have a loss soon. As long as I don't see a gain, I won't get too concerned (probably)

6 comments:

BizBuzz said...

Yes, I am so glad I am ADD when it comes to recording my stats and stuff because it has helped me more than once.

You are doing well. It will disappear, I promise, keep the faith ok???

And about TOM? I would spot, and it would show up and then disappear and then show up and then all over the map. So yes, it can happen. Remember, HCG is something that is released during PREGNANCY so all kinds of things can be going on!

Even tho HCG is NOT a hormone, it sure can cause the OTHER hormones in our body to act differently.

If your following the protocol, then you are doing ok. So keep on keeping on!

maryg911 said...

Hey Monica, that's great that your holding on strong, don't give in like me!! Have you tried cutting out the melba? Just a suggestion, cause I feel it makes me stall when I eat them. HTH

Ed & Jennifer said...

Oh sweet Monica-you have such a great attitude. Honestly after 3 days of a stall at our house the scale might have been tossed across the room...way to not let it discourage you!

Many of us have had weird issues regarding TOM. Very soon things will even out and you will have a big loss-it's a fact!

Yeah, I'm with Mary on the Melba toast. My first round we did NOT eat them and we had great losses, the second round we ate them and didn't do nearly as well and this round we are NOT eating them and my #'s are the same as round 1. Hmmm, something to think about! I asked about the beef broth because it made me stall when I used it. Have you tried the liquid Aminos? It tastes really good with the grilled onions. The crab...I have mixed feelings about this one. Ya know we always lose really good eating shrimp.

I knew you had to be a "computer girl" because of your blog-thanks for the website, I'll check it out!

Sending you good vibes...come on scale move already! Oh and BTW, I saw the measurements really change the last week of P2-you'll be surprised!

smacmo said...

Hey Monica, don't be discouraged! It's too late now, but if you are still feeling "bloaty" tomorrow, email me and I'll get the name of the magnesium that I bought. It really helped me move things along so to speak!

Becca said...

I think you said something about this being a set point for you too right, so go re-read Pounds and Inches where it talks about that and that might make you feel better. You just might have to wait it out if TOM or the salt arent' the culprits.

Anonymous said...

Hey -- the exact same thing happened to me in regards to TOM. Our body gets a bit confused! That could be part of the problem -- it can cause water retention issues. As far as no poop (can you tell I have an 8 year old??) -- if you're uncomfortable, just go get a bottle of Milk of Magnesia from the drugstore and take a swig -- it'll help within 12 hours, won't give you the cramps that Smooth Move Tea can give you (evil!), and won't hurt your weightloss. Just remember that when you take anything to help with constipation your body will hold on to more water -- to help things along -- so you might not lose, or you might even see a slight gain on that day. That'll get back to normal the next day -- you should definitely see a loss!

Hmmmm... (I'm just playing catch-up, was out of the country for a couple weeks)... I too have asthma, and have had no problem using my inhalor. I also have a steroid inhalor that I have had to use on protocol -- my asthma gets slightly worse on hcg, go figure -- and again, no problems using the steroid one. The steroids do not go systemic, so it seems to be OK. At least for me. I'm getting ready to start R3P2.

Hair -- I'm white (well, a mix, really, but have 'caucasian hair') but it is really long and I color it. It's normally very dry, and I went through all sorts of convoluted efforts to keep my hair from being as dry as straw while on my first P2. I tried using leave-in conditioner on just the ends, using no conditioner -- still had straw dry hair. Finally I just went back to using my regular conditioner -- very rich, shea butter-based, and tried to not let any get on my scalp. It didn't cause any problems with the protocol. If you need to do a hot oil treatment, why not use mineral oil? You can use it, because your body can't digest it, therefore it doesn't register as a fat. It has saved me as far as moisturising my body while on P2. It makes my face break out, though. I'm very sensitive. Mineral oil does not deserve the bad rap it has gotton lately -- I mean, yes, it's better to use natural fats and oils on our hair and skin normally, but for the brief amount of time we are on P2 using mineral oil is JUST FINE! Just my 2 cents.

Lastly (god, this is getting epic -- sorry!!!) remember what the good Doc S says about fat cells -- as they are broken down, they temporarily fill with water, which is heavier than fat. This can cause a "stall" or slight gain for a day or two, but once the water finally flushes out you have a dramatic drop in weight. That seems to be how my body works -- I "stair-stepped" down in weightloss.

Sorry to be so long-winded, I hope some of this was of value to you! Congrats for starting this amazing journey!!!