Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Monday, January 21, 2008

Day 7 of VLCD Done!

Starting weight: 186.2
Yesterday: 175.8
Today: 175.8
0 lb. Released Overnight
10.4 lb. Released Since Start of VLCD 1/14/2008
1.5 Avg Daily loss

I didn't gain :) I'm happy about that because I was expecting it after washing my hair with tea tree oil & peppermint oil shampoo, and then putting olive oil moisturizer in my hair yesterday. I'm going to try to not put anything in it until I get the brilliantine.

Yesterday's menu was:
B: 1/2 grapefruit & coffee with half & half
L: Grilled chicken with Emeril's Essence & salted sliced tomato. 2 melba rounds
D: Crab cake from tammy's cookbook (no onions) over a bed of romaine lettuce (very tasty)
Snack: 1/2 a medium apple (I couldn't finish it)

It was such a great day yesterday! We had company over for the Giant's playoff game & had a great time. As you can see I changed my blog skin... at least until the superbowl :) I made everyone hot wings, and I had my crab cake salad. I only got a few questions about it. I said I was trying to take off some holiday weight and that was that. One of DH's friends brought him oreo double stuffs though. That was the only real temptation I had cus I make hot wings all the time during football season & I was kinda getting sick of them myself, but the crew's just gotta have them. No biggie. For the superbowl party, I think I'll have Baked Cajun Chicken, but since I like it really spicy, I'll dip the chicken in hot sauce instead of milk.

I've been having half & half instead of skim milk in my coffee and I'm not going to have any this week. I made a conscious decision to have it because I think my coffee tastes awful with skim milk, but I don't think half & half is really allowed. I just decided today that I'm being so careful about everything else so why am I having half & half? Coffee is not a necessity for me anymore anyway. By the way, I broke my addiction when I was on Atkins. That was the best diet I was ever on before this. I lost 50 lbs on that and cured myself of my addiction to carbs and coffee. I gained everything back except the addictions :) Since I don't like black coffee, I'm going to go without it or I'll just have it once in a while with half & half if I'm really going insane. I still had a loss when I had it, so it must not be a horrible offense for me.

Ok... off to have a great day off from work!

Renee - I'm gonna have that steak and onions again today. That was so good, it felt like cheating!

Jennifer - There's no way I could go without moisturizing my hair either, especially in the winter. I wear it natural so it's more delicate because of the tight curl. All my hair would fall out!

Wendy - Thanks a bunch! I feel wonderful on this. I'm so glad I found it. I'm even more happy about the giants win last night. None of the ESPN commentators picked them to win either. On to the superbowl!

Biz - You know, I think I only saw it because I was looking for a loophole for my hair situation. Funny how the mind works.

6 comments:

maryg911 said...

Mmmmm, hot wings and double stuffed Oreos, you're killing me!! Not really, hang in there, you're body just needs to catch up on the inches for all the pounds lost. I'm still using half & half because my last round I used milk and didn't really notice a difference in loss, but let us know how it goes for you!!

Becca said...

FYI, I use a rinse out conditioner daily on my hair and if I didn't it would be so brittle it would feel like straw so it's a necessity for me. And I still lose but who's to say I might have lost more if I wasn't using it? Don't know and don't care since it's not negotiable!
Your recipe for steak and onions sounds divine and I'd love to try it but I've never pan seared a steak before. Is there a technique? Heat the pan up and put the steak in (which cut of steak) and then cook for how long? Do you add liquid while it's cooking or just after when you're cooking the onions. Does the steak come out tender? I usually grill my steak so please forgive my ignorance!

Becca said...

Oh and congrats on your team winning!

Ed & Jennifer said...

Cute blog page! Wow, I'm surprised that the tea tree oil makes that much of an impact...kind of crazy! Good job on giving up the h&h-I don't put in my coffee either, no biggie!

You and Biz have similar Atkins experiences. It's a great success to find something that really works! You are doing so good-I'm excited for you!

Enjoy your day off!

BizBuzz said...

Girl, you and I are one in the same with the coffee. I just can't drink it with skim/2% milk, it HAS to be half and half!

Good for you! I am so proud of you! You did MAHVELOUS dahlin!

Your body had to play catchup. It will start losing again, have you taken measurements?

Renee said...

I bet your body is just playing catchup since you've already lost OVER TEN POUNDS! That's so fantastic!

Also, WOOHOO on your new template! I was going crazy yesterday watching those Giants win! YAY!