Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Saturday, January 19, 2008

Day 5 of VLCD Done!

Starting weight: 186.2
Yesterday: 179
Today: 176.8
2.2 lb. Lost Overnight
9.4 lb. Lost Since Start of VLCD 1/14/2008
1.88 Avg Daily loss

I decided to change my starting weight to my post load weight since it's the highest. I think that will give me a more accurate measurement of where I am & my daily percentage of weight lost. So this is Day 8 of injections but Day 6 of VLCD. From now on.... I'll use the VLCD days as my count.


Whoa... waist line, watch out! I got on the scale 3 times because I thought there was something wrong with it, but nope... same weight every time. This is a nice feeling.

Yesterday's menu was
breakfast: coffee with whole milk & stevia
lunch: grilled orange chicken & spinach salad with orange dressing, an orange, & 2 melba rounds
snack: sauted apple slices with lemon, cinnamon, nutmeg & stevia
dinner: baked turbot, cucumber, & 2 melba rounds

A few things I noticed this week. I'm not having any trouble getting my water. I'm soooo thirsty all the time. I'm usually not this thirsty so I guess it's the hcg. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this. I drank 2 liters of water yesterday & 3 mugs of tea.

Also, I spoke about having all this junk food around me at home. Yesterday, I took notice of how I REALLY feel about it. I do want it, but it's not an unbearable want like it would have been in the past. It feels like an emotional want, but the physical want is not there. That feeling of "I gotta get some chocolate or my world will end" is definately not there & it's a good thing too, cus it looks like I'm in willy wonka's chocolate factory in here! And to top it off, DH's best friend dropped by and brought him chocolate ice cream. DH doesn't even eat chocolate ice cream! I DO! I had specifically told him that if he brought ice cream over here, I'd hurt him. However... it's in the freezer & I don't want it. Is that crazy or what?! I figured it would take weeks for me to get that feeling, but yet it's only been a week.

I lost 9.4 lbs this week. I took out my old weight watchers trackers to see how long it took me to lose about 9 lbs. It took me 27 weeks to lose 9.8 lbs with excercising every day. 27 WEEKS! My starting weight was about the same as it was this time & I didn't have that big first week of weight loss because I had already been dieting and lost 15 lbs on my own from my heaviest weight of 196. Therefore, my WW starting weight was almost exactly what my HCG starting weight was 181. Yeah... I gained all that weight back, but I kept the 15 pounds off that I lost on my own... weird huh. It's nice to have both records as a comparison.

I made a new batch of hcg yesterday. I mixed it for .5 ml this time because I think it'll be easier to inject that than 1 ml. The whole 1 ml looks like so much to me.

Ok I'm done for today... I can't wait to see what the scale says tomorrow.

6 comments:

Ed & Jennifer said...

Nice, another big loss-GO MONICA! See the ice cream isn't worth it! I'm tellin' ya, this protocol makes you face food and emotional issues head on! I have never done WW but know many that have. To me this protocol is like ripping the band-aid off fast-let's get this handled quickly rather than slooow and less painful! Great job on the huge "release" this week! We adopted Aime's word of "release" rather than "loss" because we don't want to find those pounds again :)

About the water...yes, I am always SO thirsty too, it's no problemo for me to drink at least 2 L. Ed on the other hand...I'm always naggin' to drink more water!

BTW, how do you make your orange dressing?

Ed & Jennifer said...

No problem about the dressing...I need to order her cookbook anyway so this will give me the incentive to do it!

maryg911 said...

Woo Hoo for you!! Nice drop overnight!! I just found your blog so I need to catch up on your progress but you doing very well, keep it up!!

maryg911 said...

Oh, and I hear you about the junk food, I have open bags of assorted chips in the kitchen but I don't feel like munching on them. I just feel horrible about having to throw them out, I'll probably take them to work and let the guys eat them! Revenge is oh so sweet!!

Becca said...

Monica, Wow! It's amazing that you've lost 9.4 lbs in ONE week. I hear ya about how long it would have taken on WW. I tried it for a while two years ago and I was always finding ways to manipulate the food choices. I do much better when it's laid out exactly what you can and can't have. Plus it just plain didn't WORK for me. And HCG is just so easy. You're basically guaranteed to lose weight if you don't cheat! Kudos to you for being able to stay on protocol with all the junk food in sight and you're so sweet to provide them for your DH and not say anything about how it's affecting you. So Congrats to you, you're doing so great!

BizBuzz said...

I have to tell you that having the numbers you have been having is certainly a motivator to NOT touch the ice cream! WOO HOO FOR YOU! You are having great results my friend! Congrats on that! Keep it up!