Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Sunday, January 20, 2008

Day 6 of VLCD Done!

Starting weight: 186.2
Yesterday: 176.8
Today: 175.8
1 lb. Released Overnight
10.4 lb. Released Since Start of VLCD 1/14/2008
1.73 Avg Daily loss

I like Amie's word "release" alot better than "loss" as well Jen :) 1lb is not too shabby. lol. 10.4 pounds in less than a week... I'm astounded!

Yesterday's menu was
B: Coffee with half & half and stevia
L: Pan seared steak with 1 whole caramelized onion in beef broth & half a grapefruit with 2 melba rounds
D: shrimp over a bed of chard sauted with garlic. Strawberries & 2 melba rounds

Ok... that steak & onions was so freakin delicious! I forgot I was eating on protocol for a minute. I used the same McCormick steak seasoning that I've always used and after searing the steak I deglazed the pan with beef broth and threw in the sliced onion with some salt and pepper. I'd eat that every day if I could. The shrimp and chard was pretty good too. I've never eaten chard before but I've eaten collard greens and I just cooked them the same way without the oil. Not too bad, just a bit bitter. I might add some stevia next time to cut down on the bitter taste. If I can eat like that and still have a 1 lb release, I think I'll be just fine. Speaking of food though, I had a moment of weakness last night. I prepared some baked salmon for DH & I snagged a piece. It was a very tiny piece, but boy was it good. It doesn't look like it affected me too much. Maybe I would have lost another .2 lbs or something. So I caved on SALMON and not ice cream... Am I nuts?!

I think I have an issue that has not been discussed on the hcg dieters groups before. I am a black woman, and my hair needs to be moisturized periodically. I spent most of yesterday taking out my braids, and I remembered that I would need to moisturize my hair after washing it. I hadn't even thought about this prior to starting the protocol. I normally give my hair a hot oil treatment after I take my braids out, but I know I shouldn't do that right now. That led me to read P&I again. I found something that I hadn't noticed before:
"We also allow brilliantine to be used on the hair but it must not be rubbed into the scalp."
I've never heard of brilliantine before, but I found it at Walgreens.com & ordered some. I'll report on how that turns out. This morning I washed my hair & I just used some moisturizer that I had in my house for now. I used latex gloves to put it on my hair, and I tried not to rub it into my scalp. Hopefully it'll be fine.

Ok.. that's it for today. Gotta get ready for company to come over for the playoff games today. Go Giants!

4 comments:

Renee said...

Congrats on another fantastic loss!

I do, in fact, eat grilled steak & onions every single day. It's so easy for me to season them, toss them on the George Foreman and then drizzle Braggs on everything and 5 minutes later, I have lunch. I'm all about easy. :)

Also, I never even saw that about brilliantine in the protocol. It's funny how we can read that over & over again and still find new things each & every time. Thanks for the heads up!

Ed & Jennifer said...

What's up Monica?! I also never saw that...the P&I has hidden messages I find new stuff every time I read it!

The moisturizer thing still has me questioning myself! I HAVE to use moisturizer in my hair and I just make sure to not rub it into my scalp. I feel weird about using it during P2 but I need it-so yes, let us know how the Brilliantine works out!

Great day for football!

Wendy said...

Monica... Happy loosing. You seem to be doing great on the protocol! Looks like the Giants are on their way!!
~W

BizBuzz said...

Yup, count me in on the one that skipped right over that myself. I use just a regular shampoo/conditioner 2 in 1 (Pantene) and haven't had any issues. But I don't leave it in my hair either. It's just wash on, rinse out, fast.

Good for you on the great loss! I will be joining you soon!!!