Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Monday, January 28, 2008

Day 14 of VLCD Done!

Starting weight: 186.2
Yesterday: 173.2
Today: 173.2
0 lb. Released Overnight
13 lb. Released Since Start of VLCD 1/14/2008
0.92 Avg Daily loss
6.98% body fat lost to date

I updated my loss. I had .8 up there but it's really 0. Oops...
I guess that's the results of my brunch day. I didn't gain and I really thought I would. Here's what I ate there:

About 2 scrambled eggs made with butter, 4 large steamed shrimp with cocktail sauce, 5 strawberries, about 1 tablespoon creme brulee, bite of a brownie, bite of peanut butter cookie, bite ok key lime pie, 1 cup of coffee with splenda and cream & 1 cup of tea with splenda and lemon. No other food for the rest of the day. 3 liters of water.

Ok, so I think I did pretty well at the brunch considering. There was an incredible breakfast and lunch buffet spread and it cost me $40 bucks. Normally I would eat until I was completely stuffed to get my money's worth. This time I tried to focus on the fact that it was a birthday celebration for my friend, and I was spending money to be there with her. Pulling out all that dough for basically 2 eggs and some shrimp and strawberries nearly drove me insane though! That's probably why I caved on the small amount of desserts, plus the girls kept pushing them on me. I got the whole bit "You're thin enough already", "We like you more with a little meat on your bones".... They think they're helping & I love them for it, but they're really not. So all things considered, I'm proud of the way I handled it. I did make a note to go back there on my next load though :-). Oh yeah, one more thing, yesterday was my skip day and I wasn't hungry at all for the rest of the day. hcg is amazing stuff.

Now, about those pictures yesterday. Everyone seems to see a difference but me. I can feel my clothes fitting differently & I see the inches gone on the chart, but I just don't see it in the pictures. When I see other people's pics, I always see a difference, but not my own. I guess that happens with everyone. My friends even noticed yesterday, and I was wearing a blazer!

Well, I'm going to eat very basic food today. I'd love to see a loss tomorrow.

In response to yesterday's comments:

maryg911 - I think I did ok. It could have been alot worse & in the past it has.

jennifer - I really did enjoy those bites of desserts that I had & I felt pretty good about not eating the whole thing.

Biz - Now I know what you meant by not being able to see a difference in your own pictures. Now that you mention it, my bra IS fitting differently though. I'm sure I will actually SEE it in another 2 weeks. Thanks for the specific observations. It makes me look closer.

becca - Thanks so much. That's great to hear (read). I really feel great right now & those measurements are a real incentive to keep it going.

Have a great day everybody!

6 comments:

BizBuzz said...

Monica, you did incredible for eating what you did, which leads me to really consider the whole 500 cal thing again! But that is for round 5 - not ready to test those waters this round.

I am gonna be watching tho, sometimes it doesn't show up immediately, so these are the kinds of things I need to pay attention to. Not to make you scared or anything, I am just curious as to the longer term effects of deviations.

Anyhoo, right there with you on the pics. I was floored last night. I couldn't believe that was only two weeks. That is why we SHOULD post our pics, our minds play tricks on us!

Funny you mention your friends. I told this to JPS on Saturday. I told her, if I was just one of her acquaintances that have been watching her lose weight and not know what she was doing, I would be one to tell her, you have lost enough.

But because I have seen her, and I know what she is trying to accomplish (her legs are still larger than mine and I am 25 lbs heavier than her) I know she still needs HCG - so take what your friends say with a grain of salt - they don't see you naked so they don't know.

Anonymous said...

Wow -- good job! I just caught up with your blog, you can definitely see a difference in your pics! Just think what you'll see in another 2 weeks!

You did great at the brunch yesterday -- a bite here or there once in awhile is OK, at least for me, and as long as I don't make it a habit.

How do you do your hot oil treatment? Put it on wet or dry hair? Wash out with shampoo afterwards?

maryg911 said...

I think you did incredible well!! I'm the same way, if I have to fork out 40 bucks for something, I better get my money's worth. Guess that's why I'm on this HCG journey now!!
Don't you hate it when someone tells you, "you look fine, you don't need to lose anymore!" That just chaps my hide!!

beachbrights said...

I just got caught up on your blog! AMAZING photos! I can't believe it! I really see the difference in your back and butt. INCREDIBLE!

Good job of the buffet! You did the best with what you had. Drink water to flush out that sodium!

Go Giants!

Ed & Jennifer said...

Yes, great pics...you'll see the results dramatically change as the days pass! I can see a difference in the boobies and the back though!

You did great yesterday girlfriend-good you "indulged" a little to make up for the cost...ouch! It's fun to be with friends it’s just not as fun when we are "dieting!"

No biggie today just drink lots of water!

Becca said...

It's true that I would just hate to give that kind of dough for a little bit of food. That's why I can't stand buffets. They're just too darn expensive for light eaters. They should be outlawed! LOL. I'm glad you didn't gain though. You're still on track and it's not even a stall since you know what caused it. You'll be fine tomorrow!