Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Friday, January 18, 2008

1-18-2008 P2 Day 7

Starting weight: 181.2
Yesterday: 18o.2
Today: 179
1.2 Loss

Loving the scale today. I'm under 180 & it's never to be seen again.

Yesterdays menu was coffee with 1T of whole milk & 1/2 grapefruit for breakfast. Lemon pepper chicken with a cucumber & strawberry salad with strawberry vinaigrette dressing & 2 melba rounds. For dinner I had a delicious piece of turbot with lemon, old bay, salt & pepper, 3 cups of romaine lettuce with lemon & 2 melba rounds.

Ok... I had a craving for ritz crackers yesterday, but didn't cave, even though they were sitting on the table all day. There is snack food in my living room because my husband is recovering from surgery and he can't get around right now, so I have to prepare all his meals and snacks and keep them close by so he doesn't have to get up too much during the day. On top of that, he wants comfort food because he doesn't feel well... UGH! Therefore... there's chocolate, potato chips, crackers & cheese, & ice cream in the house right now. We usually don't keep that stuff around because they're trigger foods for both of us. He's eating healthy meals too so he's not being completely insane, but the snack food is out in the living room so he can reach it and herein lies my problem. My conviction to make this work and the amount of money I spent on my hcg and supplies is keeping me from cheating, but I just had to acknowledge the elephant in the room. I don't want to tell him it's difficult because I don't want him to feel bad, but I'm glad I have this blog as an outlet.

There... that's out. I feel much better now :)

I had an interesting dilemma last night. I have mild asthma that can be brought on by cold air, and I had to shovel snow last night. Breathing the cold air brought on some slight asthma. I didn't know whether using my inhaler would affect my weight loss so I decided to just go to sleep thinking the slight asthma discomfort would work itself out while I was sleeping. That was a bad idea. I woke up at 2 AM with a terrible asthma cough & couldn't get back to sleep even after using my inhaler. My airways opened up, but I kept coughing so I won't be doing that again. I doubt that something I breathe in will affect my weight loss anyway. Even if it does, it's not really worth it.

My first VLCD week is almost over and I've learned so much. I'm really looking forward to this ride.

2 comments:

BizBuzz said...

Oh yeah! That is the way to go!

So sorry to hear about the asthma attack. Ugh, it doesn't look like it affected your loss tho, so I wouldn't go without it.

Yes!!!

Ed & Jennifer said...

Look at your blog page...I love it! Monica, thanks for your comments to us! Wow, what dedication you have-it is hard when you have all that "bad" food but when are diligent and don't deviate the scale rewards you the next morning (as you see)! And yes, the time and expense of this protocol will keep you focused! As far as the asthma attack-not worth it! You want to keep this experience as pleasant as possible. Good job on 1 week down-I'm excited for you because this protocol is a complete inside and out transformation-you will learn so much about yourself! I'm excited to be going through it with you!

Hope your hubby recovers well!