Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Monday, March 16, 2009

Two gains? It happens.

Monica - R4P2 Day 14
R4 Starting weight: 170.6
Yesterday: 161.1
Today: 161.3 +.2
R4 Total -9.5 5.6%

Nakia - R3P2 Day 20
R3 Starting weight: 247.3
Yesterday: 226.2
Today: 226.8 +.6
R3 Total 20.5 8.3%

Yesterday's menu (Monica):
B: warm apples with cinnamon, splenda & lemon juice. coffee with half & half
L: 2 egg & 2 egg whites scrambled over spinach
S: 2 homemade strawberry ice pops
D: broiled crab stuffed tomato slices
(crab stuffing: grissini soaked in milk, minced onion, minced garlic, cayenne, paprika, homemade old bay)
Lots of tea, water, & 4C Totally Lite 2 Go

Yesterday's menu (Nakia)
B: warm apples with cinnamon, splenda & lemon juice. coffee with half & half
L: chili
D: broiled crab stuffed tomato slices
(crab stuffing: grissini soaked in half & half, minced onion, minced garlic, cayenne, paprika, homemade old bay)
S: 1 whole fruit brand strawberry ice pop
water & 4C Totally Lite 2 Go

Ok... I don't know where Nakia's gain came from. The only thing he ate that was out of the ordinary was some half & half in the crab cake (He's never had any milk on P2) & the store bought fruit bar. The ingredients looked fine to me though. Here they are:
WATER, STRAWBERRIES, SORBITOL, MALTODEXTRIN, NATURAL FLAVOR, GUAR GUM AND CARRAGEENAN, RED BEET JUICE CONCENTRATE, CITRIC ACID, SUCRALOSE, AND ANNATO (FOR COLOR)
Well, I think his body didn't like something that was in the fruit bars so we're going to nix them until P3 & he'll just eat the one's I make from now on.

I had a gain too, but since it's only .2 I'm not gonna sweat it because Dr. S says not to. I did end up having 1/2 tablespoon of extra half & half because of what I put in the crab stuffing, but I didn't eat my 3rd egg white so I see it as a trade off. I'm pretty sure I'm retaining water right now because a few of my muscles are sore from my light workouts over the past few days. I'm not worried about it one bit.

Angel - I will certainly check out your other blog & hey, you should have your significant other check out Ed & Jenn's blog. They're not blogging right now, but Ed started at around 280 and he lost almost 70 lbs I think. They're link is on the right side of my blog.

Biz - Woo Hoo! So today should be on your first VLCD today. Let's do this thing together lady!

2 comments:

BizBuzz said...

Not quite sure but isn't maltodextrin a starch? And sucralose is splenda, and for some reason I cannot do splenda on protocol, it will make me gain each and every time.

Yup, today was VLCD #1 - I ended up doing it VEGGIE STYLE cause I didn't get to go shopping. I went back to Pauls blog and looked over some of his menus while he was on protocol and felt very comfortable with my choices. Hoping for a great loss tomorrow, FOR ALL OF US!

Angel Locs said...

I will surely have him check out Ed & Jen's blog I saw their Utube postings. I will have him check those out as well.

Tomorrow's another day you and Nakia will knock those gains off I am sure.

I have lots of pics on the natural hair journey or should I say my sisterlocks journey...that blog needs some attention.. have blogged there lately...but do check it out