Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Tuesday, March 10, 2009

On the road with my 500 cals

Monica - R4P2 Day 8
R3 Starting weight: 170.6
Yesterday: 164.4
Today: 162.7 -1.8
R3 Total -8 4.7%

Nakia - R3P2 Day 14
R2 Starting weight: 247.3
Yesterday: 232.9
Today: 230.9 -2.0
R2 Total 16.1 6.5%

Yesterday's menu:
B: apple slices & coffee w/ half & half
L: chicken & romaine lettuce w/ mustard dressing, 1 grissini
D: chicken & string beans, 1 grissini, TJ's organic applesauce with cinnamon

Yesterday I had to drive to NJ (I live in MD) because my mom had to have a procedure done to check if she had any blockages in her arteries that may need attention. She had some chest pains and they needed to check it out. If the doctor found a significant blockage, he was going to schedule her for surgery immediately. No one else in the family could make it to the hospital with her, so I went. I couldn't imagine her getting that done with no one there with her. So I packed a lunch bag with my 500 calories worth of food (I didn't need a very large bag... LOL) and headed out at 6 am.

When I got there she was already in Same Day Surgery getting prepped for the procedure so I waited in the waiting room. I was so relieved when the doctor came and told me that she has no major blockages and can go home. WHEW!!! She didn't get discharged for another 3 hours because they had to put her under anesthesia. I don't get to see my mom that often because we live 3 hours away so we had a long time to chat & eat lunch together before they let her go home... me with my salad and chicken & her with her hospital food. I think I made out better there :) We were both glad that she didn't have to do that alone.

I drove back last night and I'm pretty wiped out today, but I had a fantastic loss this morning so all is good. It seems that my string bean experiment went very well :) I was going to start walking on the treadmill at the gym today since my cold has finally left the building... except for the cough it left behind... but now I feel pretty drained from my long day yesterday so I think I'll skip that until tomorrow.

Angel - Hi... thanks for checking in on my blog. As far as spices go, the sky's the limit. I use alot of garlic powder, dry oregano, dry basil, onion powder, & minced onion, morton's lite salt, & pepper. I also use fresh herbs. With spice blends, make sure they don't contain any sugar or dextrose. MSG is also a problem for me. Therefore, I make my own versions. You can find a lot of seasoning mixes here: http://hcgrecipes.blogspot.com/search/label/seasoning. The store bought spice blends I use most often are Mrs Dash original & garlic herb and Grill Mates 25% Less Sodium Montreal Chicken Seasoning.

Amie - You are so right. Now my rounds are alot less stressful. I know this protocol works so I just do it and watch the scale move. If it doesn't one day, we know from experience that it will in time so we just keep it movin. So... there's a new Bo! :) So nice to here that. It's great to have someone supportive, especially when doing something like this protocol.

0 comments: