Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Saturday, March 7, 2009

Reaquainting myself with my blog

Here I am again. I've been offline for a long time, but I've decided to start another round. I want to document this here because this is where I started & where I feel most comfortable expressing myself. For some reason journaling over at the HTA forum didn't give me the same feeling as blogging here. I like the continuity of thought that I see on my blog & I like being able to go back and read my own thoughts. It's just easier and more comfortable for me... so this is where I'll be. I still love the forum, but for other reasons.

For some reason I keep making poor choices and ending up gaining weight back. I saw myself headed back towards 170 lbs after I had reached 154 and I didn't like what I was seeing on the scale. I certainly didn't feel like I was 168 but that's what the scale said. My clothes still fit though so I'm glad I was getting on the scale to notice at least... so I decided that I'd better do another round of P2 to reach my goal once and for all.

This time there will be no vacationing or big events for a long while after I'm done with this round. I may even do another round when I'm done to finally get to the goal I've been chasing for so long. My husband Nakia & a friend of mine is doing this round with me so I've got good company, plus helping them keeps me on track.

I started this round at an embarrassing 169.7 Today is day 5 of VLCD and I've lost 5.1 lbs from my last load day which is right on track. Unfortunately I picked up a head cold on the first day I started injections and I've been battling that all week. I've had to take NyQuil and use my asthma inhaler just about every night this week because I wake up in the middle of the night coughing. Sometimes my asthma symptoms show up when I have a cold... probably because of all the phlem. Last night was a little better and I was able to forgo the NyQuil so hopefully the cold is on its way out. I'm pretty sure I got it from my friend that's started P2 with me because we went out to dinner and she was blowing her nose for most of the evening. Oh well... at least I know that NyQuil & albuterol don't hurt my loses :)

0 comments: