Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Thursday, May 1, 2008

Day 8 of VLCD DONE!

Monica - R2P2
Total overall: -18.1 9.9%
R1 LIW 161.7
R2 Starting weight: 172.4
Yesterday: 164.8
Today: 163.9 -.9
R2 8.5 Total 4.9%

Nakia - R1P2
R2 Starting weight: 256.3
Yesterday: 245.1
Today: 243.4 -1.7
R2 12.9 Total 5%

Yesterday's menu:
B: (Monica) coffee with 1/2 & 1/2
L: Cabbage boiled with chicken broth & seasoned chicken w/ fresh strawberries
D: Steak & carmelized onions w/ an orange

This is a great rebound from yesterday. We are both back on track. I'm still trying to stabalize Nakia though. Yesterday he felt nauseous and lightheaded & I've been trying to figure out what to do. Arcticshark over at this forum, http://www.myhcgjourney.com/forums/, reminded me of the low blood sugar section of P&I. These are the symptoms he was explaining to me, so today I sent him to work with a mix of lemon juice and 2 heaping teaspoons of sugar. I also printed out that section of P&I so he knows when to use it. I'm also adding a hard boiled egg to his diet today. We'll see how everything works out. He's pretty much decided that if he doesn't feel better by the weekend that he's going to stop. I really want this to work out for him so I'm trying to get this all figured out. I'm so impressed that he hasn't deviated even once from the food I've prepared for him everyday even though he has felt so crappy all week, so I'll accept it if he decides to stop this weekend. If he does, I'll still have him continue the VLCD for the 72 hr period after his last injection, but hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Mary - Back on track... thanks for checking in on us everyday :)

Amie - Yeah, I would have thought that too, but we both had the stall and gain on the same day, so that made me think it must have been our menu, so no more mixed greens. I'll just do one at a time. We both try to get all of our water in everyday. I didn't yesterday, but I usually get 1.5-2.2 liters.

Shelly - Thanks hon.... will do. Drinking some right now.

B - Thank you. We're struggling by right now, but staying the course. The show didn't produce the winfall of visitors like I was thinking it might, but I have noticed a little more traffic around the forums and blogs that I visit, so that's a good think.

6 comments:

maryg911 said...

Since this is his time on the protocol, he may be detoxing as well. I remember my first round and feeling the lightheadedness, etc. Just tell him to take it easy.

You guys are doing great!!!

Amie said...

Great losses for both of you! I really hope this works for Nakia, because I think if he continues on he will stabilize and his body will get used to the protocol process. Mary is right on too that he is likely detoxing ... I did the same thing (as did Eddie) at very first, and it all eventually evened out once we got into the groove. Keep on keeping on, Nakia! We're pulling for you!! What a great guy to do this with you (once he saw that it worked for you the first time of course - lol) and not having deviated once. I give him big kudos, and you as well Monica - for showing him the way and making it possible for him to share your success with hcg. xoxo!

Becca said...

Hey Monica, I'm sure the nausea and lightheadedness will pass for him. I had some nausea on one of my rounds right at about the third or fourth day. It felt like a mild case of morning sickness and I slept that afternoon until I felt better. I was a little worried that it would occur the next day, but it seemed to go away. His may be the low blood sugar thing though because of the lightheadedness so I hope the lemon juice and sugar does the trick.

Great losses for you two though! I hope he is able to push through this and get back to feeling good so he can stick to it with you!

Good luck!

Burcu J said...

Hey,
My friend ( phat lady - Garrie's Blog)She had some problems first couple of days also and she is now cutting her injection to half and doing it twice a day istead of once and she didn't have problem since than. You can just check her blog out and ask her the details. You guys still doing great!
XOXO

applebottomblues said...

Thanks B... I'm going to do that right now.

Ed & Jennifer said...

Hey Sistah!!! Oh please tell Nakia to keep in mind that his body is going through a detox! Trust me...if Ed can do this YOU can too Nakia!!!

Ya'll are doing so good! Stay strong friensd-we can't wait to meet ya'll on the cruise!!!