Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Monday, May 5, 2008

Day 12 of VLCD DONE!

Monica - R2P2
Total overall: -19.4 10.7%
R1 LIW 161.7
R2 Starting weight: 172.4
Yesterday: 163.6
Today: 162.6 -1
R2 9.8 Total 5.7%

Nakia - R1P2
R2 Starting weight: 256.3
Yesterday: 245.4
Today: 243.3 -2.1
R2 13 Total 5.1%

Yesterdays menu
B: (Monica) melba toast with strawberry spread, coffee with 1/2 & 1/2 & splenda
(Nakia) an orange & grissino
S: (Monica) sampled a chile lime chicken burger with guacamole & small piece of wheat bread at trader joe's
L: sauteed spinach & Cajun shrimp. Strawberry sorbet.
(Monica) grissino
D: seasoned pan seared steak with onions sauteed with water and bragg's aminos

WOO HOO! We both had great losses today! Most of Nakia's gain is gone already.

I skipped my 2nd fruit because I sampled a chile lime chicken burger at trader joes. I ended up buying them because the only ingredient that is not on the P2 diet is bell peppers, and each patty is 4 oz. I figured that wasn't too bad. I need food in the house that Nakia can make easily if I'm not around. He does know how to cook, but since he hasn't read the manuscript yet, I want him to have something quick AND legal. I've also been keeping steamer bags full of broccoli with mrs dash in the fridge that he can just pop in the microwave. The broccoli has really worked out for us. I'm glad it has because neither of us like asparagus so we were missing a veg anyway.

Mary - Yes... the numbers are going in the right direction. That's a great thing. I also reached my 10% mark yesterday (again), so I'm happy about that. Clothes are starting to get looser too. Nakia's face has slimmed down quite a bit and he's starting to get compliments at work. That's keeping him motivated.

triplejtb - Yup... good losses this week. I'm very happy :) I did make some more strawberry viniagrette too. I thought it was hilarious... he didn't though... ROFL. I showed him how to make one himself :)

Becca - Guys are too much! If they're not chefs, they all seem to miss the little details in the kitchen. Hey...viniagrette tastes like VINEGAR! hint hint. I'm sure tuna flavored cat food kinda resembles tuna, but there's got to be a difference! ROFLSAO!

Yup... good thing he gained a little, but I'm also glad it came off quickly. I don't want him getting too discouraged.

Shelly - Hey girl... I was updating and I almost missed ya...
I'm doing at least 30 days because I want to give myself a little more time to lose more weight since I have to get back to my LIW. I'll stop whenever our last batch is finished.

6 comments:

maryg911 said...

I've said it once I'll say it again, you guys are doing fantastic, keep it up!!!

Luvya, take care!!

triplejtb said...

Wow excellent losses guys...congrats Nakia...can't even tell you cheated so bad:lol...excellent loss Monica...don't you just love those 1 lb days...:)
Still smiling over the whole strawberry thing....I'll always picture someone drinking from the salad dressing bottle when I hear Nakia

---Jan---

Becca said...

WOO HOO! Great losses you two!
Glad to see you're back on track and that's great that Nakia has started getting compliments at work. That really does make a difference in motivation.
And now Nakia can learn to cook just a little? LOL!
Those trader joe burgers sound good. I got a gift card from TJ's so maybe I'll try some of those. I love the empire apples and that's the only place I've been able to find them around here...

BizBuzz said...

Well that is what I get for not being up to date before I posted just a minute ago! ROFL

WTG - Look at that LOSS!!! WOO HOO!!!

Ed & Jennifer said...

Yo Missy! OMG, Nakia's gain wasn't that bad. It's so hilarious reading your experience doing this round with Nakia-it's sounds like US! Every time Ed deviated (badly) he would always get sick too...they are kind of dumb! We love our dummies though-LOL!

Ya'll are doing great Monica...I wish you luck the rest of the round with Nakia (trust me I know exactly what you are going through) and I look forward to the great stories ahead! LOL

Love ya sistah!!!!

Burcu J said...

WOW.. You both doing great my friend. I also don't like asparagus either but I don't mind broccoli, I'll give it a try. Keep up the good work ;)