Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Friday, May 2, 2008

Day 9 of VLCD DONE!

Monica - R2P2
Total overall: -17 9.3%
R1 LIW 161.7
R2 Starting weight: 172.4
Yesterday: 163.9
Today: 165 +1.1
R2 7.4 Total 4.3%

Nakia - R1P2
R2 Starting weight: 256.3
Yesterday: 243.4
Today: 244.1 -.7
R2 12.2 Total 4.7%

Had some snags yesterday, but nothing major, but salty. I'll try to update later, but I'm running late right now. Just wanted to get the numbers up there, even though we both aren't to happy with them today.

Happy losing in protocol land folks :)
===================================
.... Continuing from this morning:
Nakia didn't deviate at all from the menu I gave him, but he didn't drink all his water yesterday. That may be why he gained. He didn't even eat the extra boiled egg so he was totally good.
Nakia's menu:
L: natural applesauce, chicken, romaine lettuce with Biz's mustard dressing (He loved this biz)
D: an orange, chicken, cucumber slices

I, on the other hand ....not so much. I said it was nothing major when I posted this morning, but it kinda was. I had a meltdown!

I was unusually hungry yesterday & my boss took us all out for lunch. I ate a small apple before going over there so I wasn't too hungry, and I ordered my planned order of a 5 oz crab cake & an order of steamed broccoli with an iced tea sweetened with splenda. All was well until the dessert menu came. My skinny co-worker, sitting across from me that can eat ANYTHING, ordered a hot fudge brownie with ice cream. Boy that looked good. I thought I was fine, but all day I had this deprived feeling. I found myself taking little nibbles of things all day, like a piece my friend's cinnamon role & a hershey's kiss. To make a long story short... it came to a bad end with a box of cheezits when I finally got home at around 9:30 at night, tired and still unusually hungry. There were probably about 150-200 cals worth of cheezits. That was a salty dissaster!

I've been feeling alot of hunger since I did a workout earlier in the week & I just caved. I had decided that I'd do 2 workouts a week to keep my muscle tone in tact because Nakia said my body had gotten softer during my first P2 because I didn't workout. He's one of those extremely honest people & I love that about him. I'm going to continue that, but I will be adding some more protein on those days from now on.

Anyway... that's what happened... not pretty, but true

Mary - He's feeling much better now & his hunger has subsided now that he's stopped his workouts. He didn't even eat the extra egg I gave him yesterday, so his body may have already adjusted to the changes.

amie - He has decided that he's going to stick it out. Especially after I told him that he's probably gain all his weight back if he stopped in the middle. Thanks for all the encouragement. I really need it.

becca - Thanks... I think all is well now. He only had the lightheadedness and nausea that one day as well & I went back to P&I and sure enough, that's what it says in there. He never even had to use the sugar solution.

B - Thanks for letting me know about your friend's blog. It's always nice to have an addition to our community. I think we're fine now as far as our injections go so I don't want to rock the boat with changing his injections, but I'll be following her blog.

Ed & Jenn - Thanks! I will definitely tell him that. Believe me... I've told him all about you guys. We can't wait to meet you too!

3 comments:

BizBuzz said...

Will be awaiting your update. Curious on what might have happened?

maryg911 said...

Huh, yes please update us, inquiring minds want to know.

Luvya, take care!!

Burcu J said...

Don't worry too much my friend, you guys still doing awsome. I am a sucker for any type of dessert and bakery myself!! I know how painful can be to watch someone eat something you love! U did the best you can!I would probably order one for myself!lol. Have a great weekend.
Love Ya