Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Day 14 of VLCD DONE!

Monica - R2P2
Total overall: -19.9 11%
R1 LIW 161.7
R2 Starting weight: 172.4
Yesterday: 161.9
Today: 162.1 +.2
R2 10.3 Total 6%

Nakia - R1P2
R2 Starting weight: 256.3
Yesterday: 241.8
Today: 241.8 -0
R2 14.5 Total 5.7%

Yesterday's menu
Monica
B: coffee with 1/2 & 1/2 and splenda
L: chili with salsa & a fried egg with 1 melba toast
S: quaker granola bar
D: spinach, strawberry, grilled chicken salad with strawberry viniagrette

Nakia
B: sliced apples
L: sauteed beef and boiled cabbage
S: an orange
D: steak and onions with 1 grissino
S: 1 hard boiled egg

Ok, now my body is just messing with me. Are you kidding! I was supposed to LOSE .2 today, not gain it! Well, it's just a little water retention, because I also did a short workout late last night to burn any extra calories. My rings fell off my finger yesterday, but today I have to force them off. I did have a quaker granola bar yesterday too, but that was 100 calories and I made my salad smaller to compensate for the calories. That could have done it too. Anyway.... I'm sure it will come off tomorrow. I've had excellent losses so far so I'm not complaining (anymore).

Nakia was a little upset over his 0 loss, but I explained to him that it's going to happen and it probably wasn't the egg he ate yesterday, but I think he's going to try to do without the extra protein.

Today will be high volume foods like raw baby spinach and romaine lettuce because we've both been feeling hungry and I think the high volume foods might help that. Oh yeah... and lots and lots of water!

Amie - Hi! Those percentages are the percentage of total weight lost. The first one is since my original starting weight and the 2nd one is my total percentage of weight lost on this round. They're just to see where Nakia and I stack up together. Men are supposed to lose weight faster on the protocol than women, so I wanted to see how much faster it would be, but it seems that by percentages, we're pretty close, but I think that's because I'm re-losing this weight. He's losing alot faster than I did on my first round. Here's the percentage formula
[total losses] * 100 / [starting weight]

Biz - He is feeling alot better. Now he wants to do another round in September. I can't believe it! He kept saying that he was only doing this so he could see what I was going through and he thought he should lose the rest of his weight with diet and excercise, but I think he's gotten addicted to his losses. You should have seen his face when he told me he had a zero today! Priceless!

Jan -Thanks a bunch. Your encouragement is so important to us :)

Mary - It's coming off, but this water retention is a real nusance & I'm getting cravings for salty food too. Damn TOM!

Victoria - Awww girl. Thanks. He actually does tell me how grateful he is that I'm making all of his meals for him. He sees how much work it is, but actually, I'm really happy that I don't have to cook "normal" food right now. I did that on my first round & then had to watch him eat while I had my small portion. This is much much better & I feel experienced so I don't have to experiment as much. I know which meals I like and I just stick with those.

Ed & Jenn - Yeah, he did great with the double protein & you're right, he wasn't as hungry, so I'll keep giving him the option, but I don't think he'll do it every day.

Becca - Well... I kept talking about Ed & Jennifer so he knew that men could be successful on this diet... plus he was at his highest weight limit so he was ready. Give him time and talk about it alot. Maybe he'll come around... or it'll be when you look smokin hot and he'll want to get in on that!

Shelly - Hey shelly shell! Hmmm.... good to know. I thought I would gain if I did that so I never have 2 beefs in the same day, but maybe I'll try it sometime.

A big thank you to everyone that stops by! Whether you comment or not, I really appreciate you. Have a great Wednesday folks!

7 comments:

maryg911 said...

Hey Monica, don't those salt cravings just bite the big one? I'm still struggling too but you're doing great!! Remind Nakia that he needs to allow for the inches to catch up too.

Take care you two, love ya!!

Anonymous said...

Good for you to recognize the water weight. Work-outs will do that. Tomorrow should show a good loss!

BizBuzz said...

HA! I bet it was priceless to see his face! LOL - A granola bar??? What is up with that? You silly woman. Was it completely NATURAL??? You know that stuff will kill ya.

Too funny about your hubby wanting to continue on with the protocol! LOL - it's addicting!

Two Doves in Texas said...

Hey Monica - if that granola bar had any sugar in it - it will kick your numbers into a gain or a stall!

Bless his heart, the double beef could stall Nakia. If you can, try some bison - it's higher digestibility makes it marvelous for the muscles, tastes great, sits easy on the stomach like fish, and is leaner for this protocol. We have it daily in p2 and rarely eat beef because we love it so. It's very satisfying - Bill ups his bison to 4oz since it's leaner than beef also.

Only if we need a p3 higher fat meat for a steak day do we pick up beef. I have a bison filet that is calling to me from the freezer!

day 3 of vlcd - can you tell I'm disconnecting from p3? LOL.

Here's my TX boot to give TOM a kick out the door!

Victoria

I order it online from Blackwing.com and also buy it at two markets.

triplejtb said...

Morning Monica

You know that water retention will disappear in no time...I use the rings as a signal as well...the absolute worst is...the rings are loose...but the scale is still up...:lol:

---Jan---

Becca said...

Sorry about the gain and stall. It's only one day though so good to see you're not fretting over it...
I'm sure it's a little harder for Nakia though. Here's hoping for big losses tomorrow...

Burcu J said...

No worries about small gains or stalls my friend, you know the next day always get a bigger loss, keep ur fingers crossed. You guys have been doing great ;)
Love Ya