Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Great Steak day!

Monica- R2P3
LIW: 158.2
Yesterday: 165.7
Today: 161.6 -4.1
3.4 ABOVE LIW

Nakia - R1P3
LIW: 237.2
Yesterday: 239
Today: ???
1.8 ABOVE LIW

I had a really good steak day yesterday. Now, I think I remember Biz writing somewhere that she thinks you should do a steak day and then try to maintain the next day. Well, that sounds good to me because I just don't want to do 2 steak days in a row. So today is maintenance day. I'm going to eat just enough calories to reach my BMR level & see how that goes. Then I'll do another steak day tomorrow.

Today is Nakia's birthday so he has elected not to do the whole "scale thing" today. He's gonna eat what he wants and let the chips fall where they may.... From the looks of his P3 so far, he can get away with that.... not me though. We're going out to dinner tonight (Fogo De Chao) so I had breakfast and I'll be munching on celery with mustard dressing during the day until dinner since it's a natural diuretic & I'm still retaining some water weight. I just read that the potassium in bananas can help the body to release water as well, but I think the calorie & sugar content in bananas is a bit high for me today. I'll definitely try it another day though. I am such a monkey-head! I love bananas!

Jan - Yup... most of that water weight came off today. I'm hoping to see more of it gone tomorrow. As long as I don't overdo it at dinner tonight, I should be fine.

Vic - Nakia says thanks for the birthday wishes. He sure is enjoying himself. Of course he took the day off from work, so he's having a good 'ol time at home today.
I love my little snack bags of lunch. It keeps me honest and keeps the guilt out of eating them.

5 comments:

Ed & Jennifer said...

Happy late Birthday Nakia! Hey girl, I was coming to check on you. I hope you enjoy your break, and holy moly that steak day worked!!!

Love ya!

P.S. You have to make sure and take a pic of your tattoo for us!

maryg911 said...

Hey girl, looks like we all enjoyed this weekend birthday or no birthday, he, he!! You're doing great my friend, keep it up. Let us know how Nakia does.

Love ya, take care!!!

Becca said...

OMG! Tell Nakia happy birthday from me too! I hope you have a great time at dinner. That place is one of my husband's favorites but I've never gone there myself. I know it's a little expensive and you'd have to be a big meat eater to get your money's worth. So actually PERFECT for a steak day!
I just caught up on all your posts and over all you guys are doing just spectacular! You really sound happy to be on P3 right now and I can't blame you. I'm enjoying my break just as much and extended it until Monday!
I love hearing how Nakia has become a wholehearted convert to healthy eating. So keep up the good work both of you.

Burcu J said...

Pls .Wish Nakia happy happy b.day and Have a great night! ;)
You guys still doing good. Nothing to sweat about my friend.
XOXO

smacmo said...

Monica, sorry that I have been MIA! Tell Nakia that I too hope he had a great birthday. How was Fogo de Chao? You guys did great on this round!