Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Sunday, May 18, 2008

Day 24 & 25 of VLCD DONE!

Monica - R2P2
Total overall: -22.7 12.5%
R1 LIW 161.7
R2 Starting weight: 172.4
9/16: 159.8
Yesterday: 159.7 -.1
Today: 159.3 -.4
R2 13.1 Total 7.6%

Nakia - R1P3
LIW: 237.2
9/16: 235.8
Yesterday: 234.2 -1.6
Today: 234.5 +.3
2.7 BELOW LIW

Yesterday's menu
Monica
B: coffee with 1/2 & 1/2 and splenda
L: chicken tenders baked with hot sauce & melba toast crumbs
cucumbers with oregano, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and salt
apple slices coated with lemon juice
D: steamed chicken, celery dipped in mustard dressing, strawberry slices
S: spoonful of sugar free vanilla ice cream & a baked chicken leg

Click here for Nakia's food journal

I couldn't post yesterday. My friend and I were working at the Preakness as bet tellers & we had to be there at 7:00 A.M. She stayed over and Nakia drove us to the track and picked us up. It was a long. exhausting day sitting on a hard stool, dealing with a bunch of drunken gamblers. Good times :) One of my co-workers sent her with a bet and actually won over $1200 on a $1 bet! So exciting... so I guess lunch will be on her sometime next week. We were exhausted when we got in. My friend wanted some ice cream so I gave her some of nakia's sugar free ice cream and I had a small taste. Good stuff. I was also a little hungry so I grabbed a chicken leg off of a rotisserie chicken so I'm happy that I had a .4 release today in spite of that. I was probably still under 500 calories because the rest of my meals where only 453 total.

While we were at the track, Nakia went to a wine tasting here in baltimore called "Wine in the Woods" with some of his co-workers & he says he probably had about a bottle of wine... maybe more during the whole tasting which probably accounts for his gain, but he didn't succumb to all the other festival food like hot dogs and funnel cakes. Funny how his co-workers have complimented him so much on is weight loss, but then offer him junk when they go out. My co-workers are actually shielding me from office food. Last week they ordered pizza and made sure no-one asked me. I just happened to see the boxes later... they're so sweet :) But I guess that's rare.

He has continued to lose weight after stopping his injections though so he's still under his LIW. I'm amazed! I'm trying to get him to eat more, but he says he's just not hungry. He's pretty much eating the same type of food that he was eating on P2 in larger quantities with just adding cheese and mixing veggies. He's doing just fine.

I've got 2 shots left after today & I'm hoping to get to 157. I'm not sure I'll make it, but I'm certainly going to try. Maybe with no more deviations and plenty of water, I can get there in 2 days.

Shelly - Hey girlie! so nice to see you! I am sooo happy to see these numbers. I haven't seen a 1 5 anything since Nakia and I went to Jamaica in 2000 before we got married!

Mary - I'm still happy dancing... Another half pound gone! Nakia seems to follow directions way better than I do. He's starting his P3 out perfectly!

Biz - I am so proud of my man! He's looking great and eating what he should be eating... albeit a little less, but we're working on that. And YOU!... you're going to get to the 150s as soon as TOM is gone. He's just making his rounds reeking havoc with all of us in turn.

Vic - I got some really great suggestions on the forum... I think I'm going to try all of them! :) I was actually going to do some measurments and pics today when I get some time. I'll be posting them very soon!

CB - Hey girlie! Thanks a bunch! Nakia's birthday is coming up, then our anniversary is at the end of June, then were having a July 4th cookout so I'll be starting my next P3 with Biz on July 7th, so we'll be off sync unless you want to wait until after the 4th. It would be really fun to have another P2 sister!

Jan - I'm going to get him into bootcamp, but right now it doesn't seem like there's any rush. He's maintaining a great weight right now & has plenty of wiggle room. I'm putting his menus into fitday so we can keep track of all his changes. It's actually kind of fun monitoring someone else's menu. I'm also happy that he can make his own meals now.

4 comments:

BizBuzz said...

Look at him! WTG NAKIA! If he isn't that hungry, force feed him some extra fats ok? Sneak them in some how my sweet, don't let his body go into any sort of starvation, it will not be pretty.

YOU??? You are doing SO WELL!

Me? I am trying another egg day today, I gotta kick start the losses this round, OMG - I aint used to this! ROFL TOM IS GONE!

maryg911 said...

You two are doing just phenom!! Keep dancing so you can get to that 157, whoo hoo!!!

Nakia is surprisingly not hungry?!! As long as he gets enough to eat and no sugars/starches, I think he'll do just great!!

Luv ya both, take care!!!

triplejtb said...

Monica you are doing amazing...congrats...and congrats to Nakia being under his LIW...way to go you two...

---Jan---

Becca said...

Wow Monica, you guys are doing just great! I'm very impressed.
I like that your co-workers are so supportive of you. I'm lucky that mine are too. One girl even tells me that the cake tastes really BAD! Just to make me feel better! LOL!