Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Thursday, May 29, 2008

Maintenance is much easier this time

Monica- R2P3
LIW: 158.2
Yesterday: 161.6
Today: 161.9 +.3
3.7 ABOVE LIW

Nakia - R1P3
LIW: 237.2
Yesterday: ???
Today: ???

Fogo De Chao was FANTASTIC! I've never had so many delicious meats. There really weren't many carbs to even try to resist. There were mashed potatoes and polenta on the table, but the meats were center stage for the night. I highly recommend this restaurant for any P3'ers. Fabulous meats & fabulous salad bar. They had these broiled bananas on the table that were really good too so I had a few of those because there was no added sugar. They brought Nakia a complimentary flan for dessert, and I had a bit of that so that was my only deviation for the day & well worth it. Only .3 up from the day before is wonderful! Today will be another steak day for me and then I think I'll have everything back under control.

Happy Birthday Nakia really enjoyed his birthday. He sends a big thank you to everyone who wished him a happy birthday. He had a great time last night and I bought him a 1/2 shot of Louis XIII de Rémy Martin cognac. He's been eyeing it since his favorite spot started carrying it a few years ago and it's $100 per shot so it made a really good birthday present for him. Yup... he had a great day. He's still not ready to face the scale, but I actually think it won't be that bad. The only time he had any sugar was his flan last night. He's been eating alot of fruit, veggies, and protein so I think he'll be ok.

Ed & Jenn - Jenn, you were right on time girlie girl! Nakia says thanks. That steak day RAWKED! Doin a repeat today... no problem!

Mary - Yeah girl... this weekend looks like it did a number on all of us, but we can get it back together. YOU had a fantastic steak day too sweetie! Great job!

Becca - You are sooo right. That place was perfect for a steak day or any P3 day... just don't eat lunch... LOL. Nakia really is eating sooo much better. I'm so proud of him.

Burcu - Thanks a bunch! We're feeling great and enjoying our P3 very much. This coming week should be easier to navigate because all the festivities are over.

Shelly - Hi! so nice to see you! I'll get over to your blog in a minute. Can you tell that we LOVED Fogo De Chao?! We will definately be back before we start another P2.

5 comments:

Two Doves in Texas said...

WOW. So glad you two had a great time. We have a similar place downtown and it is inviting!

Congrats on handling this round so well, you are an inspiration!

Love, Victoria

Two Doves in Texas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Two Doves in Texas said...

I hit the button twice - oops.

maryg911 said...

You're doing great Monica!! Tell Nakia not to fear the scale. We all know the trick to correcting these deviations we all seem to be having (especially me, ha!)

Love you guys, take care!!

triplejtb said...

Way to party guy...Happy birthday Nakia...belated...just like everything else I do...LOL

---Jan---