Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Thursday, May 8, 2008

Day 15 of VLCD DONE!

Monica - R2P2
Total overall: -19.5 10.7%
R1 LIW 161.7
R2 Starting weight: 172.4
Yesterday: 162.1
Today: 162.5 +.4
R2 9.9 Total 5.7%

Nakia - R1P2
R2 Starting weight: 256.3
Yesterday: 241.8
Today: 241.7 -.1
R2 14.5 Total 5.7%

Yesterday's menu:
B: (Monica) coffee with 1/2 & 1/2, melba toast with strawberry spread
L: spinach, strawberries, & grilled chicken salad with strawberry viniagrette dressing, with 1 grissino
S: an orange
D: (Monica) grilled chicken marinated in mustard dressing and broccoli (Nakia) grilled chicken & sliced tomato with salt and pepper with mustard dressing for dipping & 1 grissino

What the?! Ok... I know I'm still retaining water, but another gain? I had nearly 3 liters of water yesterday, but I wasn't in the bathroom as much as I thought I would have been. I wish TOM would just get it over with already, the bastard! My fingers and ankles feel so bloated... very uncomfortable. I almost feel like doing an apple day, but I'll see what happens tomorrow.

I looked in the mirror yesterday and was actually surprised at what I saw. I have been paying so much attention to other things that I hadn't really taken the time to LOOK at myself. My face looks at least 5 years younger! It looks thinner and my normally acne prone skin is more clear and radiant. When did that happen? So I just need to remember that this protocol is more than the number on the scale. If my skin look this good, then just think what must be going on inside my body, so I decided to stop obsessing over the scale for once. It will come off and I will get into the 150s. I just need to follow the plan & watch it happen.... eventually :)

And Nakia... well, any loss is a good loss. He doesn't like it though. He's really gotten used to 1> releases so he's a little spoiled now. I keep reminding him that he couldn't have gotten this far this fast on any other plan & to let his body catch up.... and at least he didn't have a GAIN! LOL

To commentors from yesterday:

Mary - OMG... they sooo do! but I'm hanging in there. My body is acting like I ate a bag of chips though!

Lili - still waiting for that loss, but no biggie. This happened to me on my last round too, so I'm not surprised.

Biz - Yeah.... that look was good :) I printed out part of P&I so he could read about the fluctuations in weight loss.
Yeah... I can't even tell you what was in that granola bar except it was completely UN-NATURAL frankenfood! Don't know what I was thinking. It was full of sugar even though it was so small.

Two Doves - Well... that might just be whats going on, so I'll just have to wait it out.
I went to Blackwing.com to check out the bison. I think I will give that a try. The stores in my area don't carry it so I haven't been able to get it before. Thanks for the info.

Jan - Well... the rings are still tight and the scale is still up. I hope that's a good sign and I'll be seeing that WOOSH soon.

Becca - It really is harder for Nakia. He's got all those first P2 uncertainties, but he's staying the course & he's doing way better than I am with no deviations. I need to follow his lead... no more granola bars!

Burcu - Fingers still crossed. I bet that loss is comin tomorrow! :)


Love you guys! Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

maryg911 said...

Hey, hey, hey, are you saying you feel like me the chip monster?!! Ha, I know exactly what you're going through, you described exactly what was happening to me this week!! My misery is finally going to be over and yours is only beginning, sorry!! I feel for ya!!

Hang in there you two!!!

Luv ya, take care!!!

BizBuzz said...

So this is all TOM related eh? JPS is so incredibly happy that her TOM came just before this round so she didn't have to deal with the bastage!!! Here is hoping to more losses when he LEAVES THE BUILDING!

triplejtb said...

Keep your chin up...that big whoosh is yet to come...

---Jan---

Becca said...

Monica, I loved that you noticed a difference in your face and skin. I think I'm looking younger too. Isn't it just a wonderful feeling? So who cares if you have a little stall or even a little gain? All the more to lose once Tom leaves you alone...

And poor Nakia... Tell him that many people are stairstepping losers. And that's just how it works sometimes. But as long as he sticks to protocol he can't help but start losing again. So hang in there!

Two Doves in Texas said...

Awww, Monica - we'll kick TOM's proverbial bootie if he doesn't get on with the show. You're holding water my friend. "this too will pass" :-)

Luv your menu!