Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Great Memorial Day weekend! Time to regroup!

Monica- R2P3
LIW: 158.2
Yesterday: 162.9
Today: 165.7 +2.8
7.5 ABOVE LIW

Nakia - R1P3
LIW: 237.2
Yesterday: 238.5
Today: 239 +.5
1.8 ABOVE LIW

We both had a great Memorial day weekend. We went to a carribean wine festival, and a cookout on saturday. On monday we went and saw the new Indiana Jones movie, then had crabs with friends that evening. We didn't have crabs until yesterday and the old bay and salty crab is making us both retain a lot of water. Today I'm doing a steak day and Nakia is eating light. We both went off protocol yesterday at the crab party, but no sugar, just carbs. I did managed to stay away from nuts until yesterday as well. I think it'll all work itself out this week with some damage control. I'm starting my workouts today and drinking plenty of water. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Tomorrow is Nakia's birthday and we'll be going out to dinner at Fogo De Chao so I'm not going to eat anything until dinner, then I'm only going to have protein. They're known for their roasted meats on skewers that they carve table side. Should be fun!

Burcu - We had loads of fun this weekend. Now it's time to get back into the swing of P3.

Jan - OMG... me too! I've learned about nuts the hard way, but I know I have them under control now. Separating them into serving sizes also keeps me from nibbling on 1 or 2 at a time all day. I don't want to break of the servings so I don't fool with them unless I'm going to have a whole serving. It's working out so far. One bag of nuts every other day seems to keep the nut monster away :)

2 comments:

triplejtb said...

Seafood is great for taste and low calories...but your right it has a lot of salt that makes us retain...It'll be gone in no time

---Jan---

Two Doves in Texas said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NAKIA!

Yummo on the seafood. Yelp on the sodium. It too will pass with the help of a great protein day as you celebrate.

Thanks for the reminder - the little measured bags of nuts was "once" the way I started, then on the road, I just ate straight from the bags - no measure - cannot do that this coming p3 - back to the scales!