Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Sunday, March 2, 2008

Up and Back down again 2/1 & 2/2

LIW 2/26/08 161.7
1/29: 161.7
Yesterday: 163.8 2.1 OVER LIW
Today: 162.7
1.0 OVER LIW

I couldn't post yesterday because I was traveling. I'm in NJ right now visiting friends and family. My 2nd cousin was in a high school production of CATS as skimbleshanks and if I didn't know better, I would have thought it was a professional show. They used a live orchestra, and it was absolutely wonderful!

My first day of P3 wasn't bad, but I did eat alot of salty food.... cheese, pork rinds, walnuts... I also had 2 bananas & more peanut butter. I had been craving that for a while. I've gotten those cravings out of my system now.

So, we were leaving to make the drive to NJ yesterday which is about 3.5 hours for us & I jumped on the scale and was 2.1 lbs over my LIW. Yikes! I knew I was retaining water from the day before, but I couldn't do a steak day yesterday because we had reservations to go to our favorite Portuguese restaurant. They have steak, but I wanted this pork dish that they serve so I decided to do a modified egg day instead. I had a 2 egg omelet with chicken and cheddar cheese for breakfast. Then I boiled 6 eggs and put them in a lunch bag with ice and jumped in the car with my trusty scale. I drank coffee and water all day and then ate one egg when we got to jersey. We went to the restaurant at around 2 in the afternoon and I had sausage flambe, vegetable soup & the roast pork. I ate every last thing on my plate except the potatoes and if you've ever eaten at a Portuguese restaurant you know that's a LOT of food! I also ate my husband's broccoli rabb..... so yummy. I wasn't hungry for the rest of the day so I didn't eat & this morning... down .4..... YAAAY!

BTW... I'll have to wait for a reaction from my family cus the last time they saw me, I was at the same weight from WW, so I look the same to them. :)

Oh yeah... I have a question for anyone reading: DH needs to take antibiotics for a week and he wants to start P2. Has anyone taken them during their P2 and if so, did you notice a problem with your weight loss?

We're about to get ready to go back to MD now so I gotta wrap it up.

To my commentor's:

Mary - I love omelets. We're going to one of our famous jersey diners for breakfast and I getting a loaded omelet today. I'm banning myself from peanut butter and nuts for a few days too... they don't like me. I gain everytime.

lili - Hey Thanks! so glad to see you again! Yeah, girl... I can wear my favorite leather jackets & coats that I bought when I lost 20 lbs on WW. Leather is very unforgiving when you gain weight... especially in the shoulders.

Shelly - Thanks. I am Super thrilled!

TrySomthingNew - OMG! Thank you... I just went and changed that measurement :)
That last post was actually my last VLCD day food. I'm eating way more on P3. I did notice that I have to pay attention to the types of proteins I choose though. This week is really going to be a learning experience for me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Monica,

Love your blog!

Tell your DH that the antibiotics might mess him up for a bit--at least that was my experience last round. I had a major stall about day 3 of the antibiotics that lasted for four days, but over the entire 14 days still lost an average of 0.5 per day, so if he can keep his mind on the long-term averages he should be fine.

maryg911 said...

Mmmm, sounds like your having an eating adventure!!! Glad to hear your enjoying it!!!

As far as DH starting, I personally think it would be best for him to finish his course of antibiotics then begin the protocol. Even though he is male and will lose just fine, it may cause some stalls in the beginning and we don't want to set him up for disappointment. JMHO

Keep us posted!!!

Ed & Jennifer said...

Awww, I was going to tell you to ask Marshall and lookie there-he came through!! We sure do take care of each other around here huh?!

What a great weekend and even better that you lost!!! Your lunch sounds divine!

Enjoy eating......whaaaa!