Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Monday, March 3, 2008

R1P3D5 - Will I ever get below my LIW again?

LIW 2/26/08 161.7
Yesterday: 162.7
Today: 165.1
3.4 Over LIW


B: IHOP steak, cheddar, mushroom omelet with coffee w/ cream and splenda & an apple
L: an apple, an orange, a hard boiled egg
S: pork rinds
D: 10 deep fried chicken wingettes with essence (no breading), an apple with gouda cheese.
Snacks: string cheese, spoonful of peanut butter, a flourless peanut butter cookie.
2 liter of water

I didn't have anything off of P3 yesterday so I don't know what happened. Probably not enough veggies though. Doing a steak day & skipping my planned workout. I don't want to throw in too many variables. I'll post about it tomorrow.

Marshall - Thanks... I like yours too :) We've decided you have him start next week. Thanks for the advice. He was just really anxious to start losing weight, but one more week won't hurt.

Mary - Looks like my adventure is too adventurous. I had another omelet with steak, mushrooms & cheese at IHOP yesterday. I wonder if the gain is from the pancake batter they put in their eggs?
Yup... DH is gonna wait until he's done with the anitbiotics. He's going to take probiotics while he's on them to counteract any candida overgroewth he might have. It certainly can't hurt him & I've already got them in the house.

Ed & Jenn - Yup... I put that question on the boards and didn't get an answer. I knew someone would come through for me here.
You've only got a few more days of P2 right? Enjoy it. I feel like going back to P2! That scale is total erratic!

4 comments:

maryg911 said...

Hey girl!! Is your peanut butter sugarless? What was that peanut butter cookie made with?

I hope they don't put pancake batter in their omelets, that would defeat the purpose of the omelet, doncha think?

Take care and keep us posted!!

BizBuzz said...

Hey you!!! I am on the most suckiest dialup known to man so I can't stay long but had to check in with you to let you know how much I miss you!!!! You will get back to normal, don't worry ok? Remember my old mantra, stress = cortisol = weight gain - so keep that in mind, you will find your sweet spot and it will work for you.

I have noticed that when dealing with restaurant food? You are dealing with way too many variables that come into the equations that you have absolutely NO control over, so don't panic about weight gain when going out to eat. Always remember the 3500 cals equals one pound rule. You cannot possibly gain 2 or 3 lbs over night and it be pure WEIGHT ok???

I wish I could hang longer, but I want to get to everyone today and don't have much time on this stupid dialup, but I do think about you daily and wanted you to know! I should have better connection during the week...

Ed & Jennifer said...

Monica, seeing a gain is NEVER FUN! That was great advice from Biz, the only other thing I would add is eat lots of fruits and veggies. It seems like the people that are maintaining the best are eating very low fat, and eating all the cals that their bodies need (BMR)! I think it's just as important to track your foods during P3 as it is in P2. Isn’t it funny when we are in P2 we can't wait for P3 and then when we are in P3 we can't wait for P2. Those daily losses are addicting!

It takes 3 weeks for everything to even out so try not to worry about it and listen the cravings your body wants. You will have a nice loss to report tomorrow (thank goodness for steak days)!

beachbrights said...

First, let me say, I am NO EXPERT when it comes to P3 (or any part of this protocol). However, I will offer a few bits of advice that have helped me successfully this round.
1. Keep it simple. As I look over your menu, there is just too many catagories of food. I would eat plain scrambled eggs in the morning, chicken for lunch and fruit for dinner.
2. Lay off the peanut butter. I ate PB my first P3 and struggled everyday.
3. Give up dairy for a few days and then slowly add it back in.
4. Just because Dr. S said you can eat anything but sugar/starch, doesn't mean that you can eat anything but sugar/starch. The hardest thing I have had to come to grips with is this diet does not "fix" your body in a way that allows you to eat anything but sugar/starch and anything you want on P4. That miracle is just not here. What you can get is rapid weightloss but you must work very hard to discover how to maintain. Ya this part sucks, big time. I wanted a cure and to be able to eat freely. Maybe it will happen later but not for me now.
5. Eat the majority of your food early in the day. Then eat dinner at least 4 hours before bed. I think you have to give your body time to burn your calories before it shuts down for the night.

There's my 2 cents. I hope something I've written brings you comfort. I've got your back....we are going to figure this out!

XOXO-