Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Tuesday, March 4, 2008

R1P3D6 - Successful steak day!

LIW 2/26/08 161.7
Yesterday: 165.1
Today: 163.6 -1.5
1.9 Over LIW

Just under the limit... I'll take it! Still eating light today though. I'd like to see that number closer to my LIW. Unfortunately I didn't buy the best cut of meat so it was a bit tough. Next time I'm getting a porterhouse from wegman's, but they didn't have any at the store I went to.

I couldn't really post much yesterday cus I was rushing, but the weekend was great! I got to go to my favorite restaurant & actually had a LOT of sangria. That, plus all the eating out & driving over the weekend probably caused that gain. I don't eat all that stuff when I'm at home & I don't drink much while driving long distances so I drank my 2 liters of water all at once instead of throughout the day.

Mary, Biz, Ed, Jenn & CB... thanks for all the great advice and encouragement! You guys really rallied to pull me off the ledge! Thanks!

Mary - It's natural, low sodium peanut butter and the cookies are about the size of a silver dollar and are made with my peanut butter, splenda, 1 egg & vanilla. I was just trying them out. They were OK, but I'd rather have the real thing so I won't be eating those during P3 again.
And YES IHOP puts pancake batter in all their eggs. I use the same trick at home to make my eggs fluffier (not on P3 of course). I didn't think it was enough to hurt me though. I think I was wrong.

Biz - HEY You! I've missed you sooo much! I totally understand the slow connection deal, so thanks for using some of your time on me.
I realize now that I haven't eaten out since before starting P2 so I haven't even had to think about all the variables before so I'm not sweating it anymore. I'll eat alot of fruit and veggies today and I'm sure I'll stabilize.
Enjoy the rest of your trip and take care of you!

Ed & Jenn - Nope... that wasn't fun at all! I have a whole line of fruits and veggies lined up for today. It's probably more important to count calories now because I won't know unless I calculate it. P2 was WAY easier than this, but I'm sooo glad there's a steak day! I'll do that again in a heartbeat, but I don't want to have to do another one tomorrow. Steak is expensive! :)

CB - Girl... you are WAY more experienced than I am, and you've been through the ups and downs of this protocol. I truly value every piece of advice you care enough to give. I think I'll be fine now that I'm home. I actually follow some of your advice already. I haven't eaten past 7 since before starting P2 & I usually eat a larger breakfast than anything else. Now I just need to find my sweet spot with the food. I think I was too excited about eating the first few days as well. I knew better than to eat all that cheese & nuts. Oh yeah... and no more peanut butter! I'll let myself have it once a week & it'll be planned. :) Thank god for steak days though! It really wasn't that difficult for me either. All great advice & I start using that good sense today. Thanks again.


5 comments:

maryg911 said...

Whoo hoo for Monica!!! Glad to hear you're doing better today!!

I feel the same way about the PB cookies, I'd rather eat the PB straight up.

Keep us posted!!!

trysomethingnew12 said...

Wow you're doing very good especially since u were traveling!!! So is P3 food basically like the first phase of Atkins where u can only eat meat, eggs, veggies, nuts and cheese?? I know no sugar and starches so thats basically all u can eat right?

Keep on maintaining!!!

Ed & Jennifer said...

The (expensive) steak day was a success...YAY! I know, P2 is so much easier (because we don't have to guess anything)!

You are getting it figured out-don't worry you'll be a pro by the time you start P2 again...just kiddin!

You need to hurry up and figure it out before we start P3 okay? CB had some great advice huh?!

Have a great day Monica!!

Becca said...

Hi Monica, I have missed reading your blog soooo much. So I just got caught up with all your blogs. Sounds like you were on a little rollercoaster but now you're right back where you need to be! Wow you did it! Congrats on that...

And... your pics! You really do look great and I can see a big difference. And what you said about the tummy problem? My daughter had kind of the same problem and it bothered her a little, but she is just now going to start on another round of P2 so she hopes it will take off that abnormal fat too. I'm sure it will eventually so just keep on with what you're doing. Cuz it's so working!

BizBuzz said...

Good morning my friend. Yes, it seems that things are finally getting back to normal for me. At least I am able to get online and visit all my blogging buddies! WOO HOO FOR ME! I missed you all SO very much! Doing good my friend, but me? HA! Not so much, but I don't care! I am maintaining just around 5 - 8 lbs above LIW no matter what I eat, that is pretty remarkable I think. Anyway, take care and missing you!