Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Tuesday, March 25, 2008

R1P4D3 - Where has the time gone?

LIW 2/26/08 161.7
Today: 168.7
7 OVER LIW

Wow... has it been that long since I posted?! Well... anyway, here I am. I've been eating P4 this week and seriously enjoying it. I've decided to mostly added carbs to breakfast for now. I had oatmeal yesterday and vanilla almond special K for breakfast today. Although I did go on a carb binge on Sunday when I went to the movies. Have I mentioned that I'm a popcorn junky? Love the stuff, so I had a medium sized popcorn around lunch time and some bread with my salad at dinner so of course I had a big gain the next day, but apparently it was mostly water retention cus it came off on Tuesday. I didn't eat much else for the rest of the day on sunday though. I just drank water.

Yesterday's menu was
B: Maypo with 1 T sugar & 1 T butter. Coffee with stevia and half & half
S: 1 C strawberries & 1 banana
L: Salad with 1 chicken breast, tomatoes & 1 T feta cheese, 1 T pine nuts
S: Apple
D: roast chicken with a whole lot of roasted peppers & onions
Lots of water

I'm still working out about an hour a day, sometimes 2 hrs... still feeling fabulous (and sore) :) I'm keeping it to about 2200 calories a day & I have added alot more fruits and vegetables to my diet. I ended up eating dinner at 8:30 last night, which is pretty late for me. Normally I eat before 7, but I still lost about 2 lbs (water). I'm really not troubled by my 7 pounds. I feel really good. My clothes are fitting great & I can see and feel my body tightening up, so WHATEVER 7 lbs! I sure didn't feel like this when I was just under 170 before. I felt fat before :)

I saw that show "I can make you thin" on TLC this past weekend and he host, Paul Mckenna, did demonstrate part of the Callaghan technique. It was kind of interesting and I've been trying it this week during my usual urge to raid the kitchen right after work. It actually seems to work! I was pleasantly surprised. I think the methods that he uses can really help me to maintain after I'm done with the protocol. Here are some of his techniques:

  1. When you're hungry, go and eat
  2. Eat what you want, not what you think you should have (I'm sceptical of this one)
    - Don't make certain foods off limits because you'll think about them all the time.
  3. Eat consciously
    - Concentrate on your food with no distractions, no reading or watching tv
    - Eat a fork full, put your utensils down between bites, & chew slowly
  4. When you think you're full, stop eating.
    - Pay attention to your stomach's signals between bites and stop when you might be full.
    - You can always eat again if you get hungry again.

So that's just a little FYI. I gotta cut this short and go cook dinner.
To my commentor's:


Mary - Don't be sorry for this gain... I'm certainly not :) I sure am glad TOM's gone though. It was giving me cravings like crazy!

Lili - Yup... I've cut out all that cheese. I've just been using about a tablespoon of feta or blue cheese on my salad. No more cheese eggs in the morning or cheese with my apples though. I've been snacking on strawberries, apples and grapes. It's working out, but I'm still gaining.. HA... whatever :) Either it'll stop going up or it won't. As good as I feel... it doesn't matter one bit.

Becca - Girl, I'm having fun too. I'll be going back to P2 on Apr 21st and I'm going to enjoy my P4 until then. I'm just going to keep working it out. As long as I'm sore, I know there's some little muscles growing somewhere!

Biz - Hey girlie! Welcome back. I've been MIA for a minute, but I'm glad I didn't miss you're first day back on your blog. I know it must have been nice to be back in your own bed! Missed you a bunch too Miss Sunshine!

Ed & Jenn - I've been really working hard on the Firm box and in the gym. I'm trying to look like you for the summer girl! I ate popcorn like a champ over the weekend so we just might be in the same boat right now. Oh.... that alcohol was 6 oz of chardonnay and fitday shows 120 cals in the list but only 116 in the chart.... I don't know what's up with that. Yeah... you would notice the alcohol.... LOL!

4 comments:

trysomethingnew12 said...

Hey good to have you back! I actually bought Paul McKennas book this summer at the London airport. He is really big over there. It came with a CD that hypnotizes you. I think his method really works but I didnt stick to eat because I left for college the next week and didnt have the time to listen to it everyday. In that book he also talks about those points u made. Very interesting!

maryg911 said...

I caught the replay of that show too on Monday. I really learned a lot and his website is very useful as well!!! I tried that technique of chewing slowly yesterday at lunch, and it really made a difference. Now if only I could pull myself away from the television during dinner, haa!!

That's cool that you can workout, I need to get my butt in gear!! Keep us posted and take care!

BizBuzz said...

So Monica, do your clothes feel any different being 7 lbs over? Your eating what you want and staying around that weight? How cool is that? The clinics said you could almost count on a 5 - 7 lb increase after you settled. Hmmm, something to that eh?

Ed & Jennifer said...

OMG, you ARE my P3 sister! I just finished my blog and your blog was my next step. So today I'm 7.4 over LIW-LOL! We are twinners!!!

In my blog today I briefly mentioned to Becca about that show. Wasn’t that interesting?! Ed and I have been putting your knife and fork down and chewing 20 times and it makes a difference. I took notes too...go figure you would put it in your blog-you're the best!!

OMG, girl I'm still so sore but still working out. Today when I was doing my lower body work out I kept watching my legs in the mirror visualizing them getting leaner-it feels soooo good doesn't it? I'm so glad you are here-love ya Monica!!!