Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Tuesday, March 11, 2008

R1P3D11, D12 - Car Trouble... I thought it was just the brakes!

LIW 2/26/08 161.7
Day 1 - 161.7 At LIW
Day 2 - 163.8 2.1 OVER
Day 3 - 162.7 1 OVER
Day 4 - 165.1 3.4 OVER (Steak day)
Day 5 - 163.6 1.9 OVER (Started daily workouts)
Day 6 - 165.7 4 OVER (felt like water retention, ate light)
Day 7 - 166.4 4.7 OVER (Egg day)
Day 8 - 164.7 3 OVER (Partial Egg day)
Day 9 - 164.5 2.8 OVER
Day 10 - 165.6 3.9 OVER
Day 11 - 167.0 5.3 OVER
Day 12 - 166.3 4.6 OVER

Hey! Still here! I haven't found a good time to blog lately. My hour in the morning has been filled with my workouts and my evening has been filled with cooking, cleaning, and QT with DH. Gotta get that in there. So here I am at work during my lunch break. Eating my mushroom turkey burgers with sauteed peppers and onions. This meal is a keeper!

I am sooo over being OVER! Whatever... I've just decided to eat P3 & keep working out. I'm sure some of this gain is due to muscle building. Some of it is due to bad peanut butter management though. As I've said before, I can't be trusted with the stuff. My P3 hasn't gone so badly considering my bad start. I was kind of hungry at first so I was snacking on a lot of things like PB and cheese. That has cooled off lately though. Now I just get the munches right after work and I keep some pork rinds in the house for that. I've cut down on the cheese & I've gone back to mainly 1% and skim milk, except in my coffee (1/2&1/2). I've been having 3 plain scrambled eggs with a fruit for breakfast most mornings. Yesterday I had a banana smoothie with skim and today I had strawberries topped with a little homemade whipped cream (1 c heavy whipping cream, 1.5 T splenda, 1/2 t vanilla). I'll then have a fruit at around 10 am and then lunch of some protein and veggies. Depending on how I feel, I may not have any protein for dinner at all. Last night I just ate a plate of fruit. Pineapple, grapes, oranges & strawberries.

I've been working out for about a week now and I'm just starting to get over most of the soreness. Jenn, I didn't feel weak at all. On the contrary, I actually felt almost as strong as when I stopped working out. My body felt lighter and more nimble. I was VERY sore though. Some muscles are still sore today. I've always been able to put on muscle quickly and I can already see things tightening up. I am really happy about that. If only I could get out of bed a little earlier to blog.

Ok... my little rant: That STUPID car! We brought it in cus the brakes were squeaking and BLAM. $1200 worth of other CRAP to fix! Luckily that car is paid for or I'd chuck it! It's had some major repair each year since it's been paid off! AAARRRRGH! Okay... done ranting. It's 9 years old and it's got over 180,000 miles on it & it really doesn't give us much trouble considering. I guess it has earned some repairs, but sheeesh!

Well... lunch has been over for 10 minutes. Quick reply to commentors:

Mary - Hey... we had a Wonderful time. I just love messages. I think it's weird how Dr S. is against them during P2, but KT recommends them frequently during P2. I decided to go with Dr S. as usual, but I just think it's strange. They sure feel great though :) BTW... a little pampering goes a long way in regards to a rut.

Ed & Jenn - Working out is going great. I think I answered most of your questions above, but I'm trying to workout 6 days a week. Sometimes I'll do an evening workout as well if I feel like I over did it on food & yes I have been hungry, but not anymore. I was trying to do steak and eggs days almost every other day, but no more. Now I just don't sweat it anymore... unless I get too close to 170.

Becca - Things are going better for me now that I've stopped stressing about my LIW. I feel great and my measurements are the same so I'm good! I'm glad I have another P2 round. I'll fix it then if I need to.

Shelly - Bonefish is one of my favorite restaurants! I highly recommend the Bang Bank shrimp when you can have carbs.
Working out is good. My obliques are sore today because of side planks, but I like that feeling because it means I'm doing it right :)



Hmph... that wasn't as quick as I thought! Have a great day peeps!

3 comments:

Ed & Jennifer said...

Hey Monica, you little buff thang! Look at you all working out 6 days a week...okay you are motivating me! I want to get back to 2 lbs LIW and then I plan on starting. I feel like I need to give my bod just a few more days and then I'll dive into it!

Everything still fits the same right? Stupid gains...its so aggravating but you are right-don't worry about it, our bodies need time to adjust (I'm talking to myself too)!

Blogging does take some time huh? Don't feel pressured, you know you don't have to write everyday even just posting stats and nothing else will still give us our "Monica fix!"

Take care girl!

maryg911 said...

Hey Monica, how the heck are ya?!! Good to see your holding on strong and working out, sheesh, I'm tired just reading your post, pheeeew!! Good to know everything's going well.

Hey, has DH started yet?

beachbrights said...

You sound good!

XOXO-