Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Wednesday, March 26, 2008

R1P4D4 - AAAARRRGGH! Chocolate!

LIW 2/26/08 161.7
Today: 170.2
8.5 OVER LIW

I went sooo overboard yesterday. One of my co-workers brought in some rice krispie treats and I had some natural peanut butter that I was going to eat with a banana..... well the PB somehow ended up spread all over 2 of those treats... I can not tell you how good that was! So that sent my carbs way over my limit. Then I really went overboard on snacking yesterday after that. Oh well.... I only try to be perfect... LOL.

I started the day out ok with some vanilla almond special K with 1% milk, and I brought a bunch of fruit to work with me for snacking on... then I got to work and there were those rice krispie treats and a huge bag of all of my favorite snack sized chocolates on a table right near my desk! Now there is usually chocolate at work, but this time it was all my favorite stuff! I caved for the first time in months. I think it was a combination of stress at work and the fact that I had already eaten the rice krispie treats. I won't list which one's I ate cus that would just be cruel to any P2'ers or P3'ers reading, but suffice it to say... I need to really be good for a few days. To be fare to myself, I did eat the fruit and a salad for lunch and I had a lean steak with grilled veggies for dinner. A friend of mine brought over some really good homemade red wine last week and I used that to make a reduction sauce with onions and mushrooms. That was delicious!

So tomorrow I should do an egg day but it's going to be a heavy workout day for me. I'll be doing an hour of weight training in the morning and 2 hours of cardio in the evening so I think I should eat more than protein. I'm just going to have alot of fresh veggies and fruits with a little protein & some complex carbs for breakfast & before my evening workout.

Oh yeah... it looks like Nakia is going to start P2 on monday (if he doesn't get cold feet). I'll keep y'all posted.

To my commentors

Marlene - Hi... it's nice to have a bit of a routine again. Hopefully the routine will help me shed some of these extra pounds. I think I may pick up his book as well. He seems to have some really great lifetime methods for losing and maintaining.

Mary - Oh... I hadn't thought to look at his website. Thanks. For some reason it's hard for me to remember to eat slowly. Maybe it's because I keep letting myself get too hungry, but I should really get away from the TV too. I try to do that and watch tv and it really doesn't work. I'm so hard headed sometimes.

Ed & Jennifer - HA! That is so funny! Great minds think alike girl!
Nakia and I have been trying to do that as well. We've found that it works better when you're not really hungry :)

6 comments:

smacmo said...

Monica, Hey, keep working out like you are, and all will be fine! Keep eating the fruit, and keep your "starchy grainy" carbs in the AM, that helps me. You are doing GREAT!

BizBuzz said...

I guess for you chocolate is the demon food, for me? It's that multigrain bread! Thank GOODNESS I can't get it here! Girl, just do what you know is right. If you stick to the fresh raw stuff PLUS proteins, you will do just fine. Get off the processed stuff!

maryg911 said...

Oh, trust me, it is a lesson for me too to turn off the tv and eat slowly!!

I think you're doing an amazing job, as long as your working out and feel great, the scale should be forgotten for a while. Easier said that done, right?

Take care and keep us posted on Nakia as well as yourself!!

trysomethingnew12 said...

UUGGGHH Chococlate gets me everytime!! I hate it!!

Becca said...

Oh you guys got me interested in the Paul McKenna guy now so I guess I'll have to go find out what he's all about.
Sounds like a lot of good tips, all commonsense but things we need to remind ourselves of.
Good to hear you're still enjoying your workouts and the food! LOL! I'm trying to be good too after the scale keeps sneaking up there.
Let's see what tomorrow brings!

Ed & Jennifer said...

Okay so this sista is going to stay away from the chocolate! LOL!

Yay, Nakia is going to do it-keep us posted!

Oh yeah, and PB with the Rice Krispies...OMG that spells H-E-A-V-E-N!