Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Friday, April 25, 2008

Day 2 of VLCD DONE!

Monica - R2P2
R1 LIW 161.7
Starting weight: 172.4
Yesterday: 170.8
Today: 169.4 -1.4
1.74%

Nakia - R1P2
Starting weight: 256.3
Yesterday: 253.9
Today: 251.3 -2.6
1.01%

Yesterday's menu:
B: (Monica) coffee with 1T 1/2 & 1/2 with stevia
L: cabbage & 4% fat hamburger with garlic and minced onion, 1 grissini
(Monica) apple, (Nakia) orange
D: Biz's catfish creole, orange, 1 grissini

Today's stats are really good, but Nakia is struggling a lot with the VLCD (see last night's post). He really wants to chew some sugar free gum. He normally has about 2 1/2 sticks a day, chewing a 1/2 stick at a time. He says it really helps him to not think about food. I think I read somewhere that we couldn't chew sugar free gum on P2, but if he really can't stand it today I think it would be better for him to have some gum than quit P2 all together. I've also decided to raise his dose to 175 if his hunger doesn't go away by the end of weekend. He does a 30-45 min on the elliptical machine every day as well. I wonder if that has something to do with his hunger?

I'm doing pretty well though. I'm having that empty feeling, but it's bearable. I have discovered ziploc steamer bags and they're great! I can steam veggies without any dishes. How great is that?! I can even have fresh steamed vegetables at work & I'm really into easy these days... I wonder if I could do the catfish creole in there? I'll try it and report back.

While looking over my round 1, I realized that when I went onto P3, my weight went back up to what it was right before my 3 day break during P2 pretty easily and then I seemed to stop there. I think I might have set my weight there when I took that break. Well... there will be no breaks this time. I'm going straight through for at least 30 days. Wish me luck folks, but I guess I don't need it because this plan REALLY works.

Happy losing in protocoland! :)

4 comments:

Becca said...

Hey great losses for you two. I'm glad to see you off to a good start. And I think that if Nakia continues to have trouble it may be because of the extra calorie expenditure from the exercise. And I know people will take in a little extra calories to compensate for that. (I do when I'm doing a long hike)
And as far as SF gum goes, I chew it occasionally and have no problem. And there is a kind of gum that is made with stevia and one made with Xylitol. My son-in-law told me that if you order it from here: http://www.zappgum.com/ to put his name in for a reference and HE will get some free gum. LOL! His name is David Rowe if you do it!

LindsayLoo said...

Mmm, Have you ever done weight watchers? Remember when worked out you were allowed to eat more points? Maybe he isn't getting the 500 b/c he is burning it? Does that makes sense? He's burning extra calories so he might be getting less than 500.

beachbrights said...

I chew gum ALL the time, different brands, all sugar free. Doesn't seem to affect my weight.

Glad your back on P2, I'll check in everyday to see your losses!

XOXO-

Ed & Jennifer said...

What's up witcha Monica and Nakia? Oh I was so happy to see you both started P2. Ya'll are off to a great start!

We both exercised on our R2P2 and I would NOT recommend it-tell him to just take a 21 day break from it because the hunger was unbearable for us!

Gosh I missed ya girlfriend!!! This will be a great round for you-150 here you come!