Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Thursday, April 24, 2008

Day 1 VLCD Done - WOO HOO!

Monica - R2P2
R1 LIW 161.7
Starting weight: 172.4
Yesterday: 172.4
Today: 170.8 -1.6

Nakia - R1P2
Starting weight: 256.3
Yesterday: 256.3
Today: 253.9 -2.4

---- I had some internet connection problems this morning so I couldn't post, but here's what I was going to post:

Ok so he starts beating me right out of the gate! LOL. We both had a little hunger yesterday. Nakia was surprised at the small amount of food I gave him to eat, so he tried not to eat much of it all day. It took him all day to eat his first meal! I've found that I get hungry earlier in the day on VLCD & he did too so when he tried to wait until 12 to eat lunch, he had gotten pretty hungry by then so he tried to ration the rest of the day. Well this was yesterday's meals for both of us:
Lunch: Grilled chicken, cucumber, 1/2 orange, (Nakia) grissini
Dinner: Grilled chicken, broccoli, 1/2 orange, grissini
I also had coffee with 1T of Half&Half with stevia in the morning.

I've decided to add broccoli this time. I used it at the end of my last round after seeing Biz do so well with it. (Even though she was doing well with EVERYTHING). We LOVE broccoli so this will be a real treat.

We will be taking pictures and measurements to post tonight & I'm hoping to get everything posted by the end of the week. I'm really looking forward to seeing how Nakia does on VLCD. He doesn't have any biased opinions of how it's "supposed" to work because he hasn't been on the hcg boards or blogs. He's only going by my progress. I gave him Dr. S's manual to read, but he just skipped to the diet part... yup... he's such a GUY that way :) He never reads directions! LOL. So basically, I'm his coach & chef on this one. It's fun... so far. It's much easier making 2 or 4 servings of meals anyway. Gotta go... happy losing :)

----- Now it's evening & I'm a little concerned about Nakia. He had some real hunger today and he complained of lightheadedness. I don't know what that means, but if it continues tomorrow, I will be raising his dosage from 150iu to 175iu on saturday & see what happens. He has always gotten very irritable when he's hungry, and I've always had a suspicion that he suffers from low blood sugar from time to time. If anyone reading has any ideas, please let me know. Thanks


Mary - Girl, I am so glad to be back on P2. I'm so sorry I haven't been to your blog lately to know, but when will you be starting P2 again?


Becca - Honey... I need gas money! It's just a little temporary side gig that I thought would be fun and easy. They're paying almost $400 for both races plus tips & it's only 2 saturday's out of my life, so me and my girlfriend from work figured "Why not?" Well... I've been able to buy gas, but my wardrobe budget has diminished because of it and that totally bites!


Lili - Hi Lil! Yup... I feel great and I love seeing the scale go down. DH on the other hand is having a rough time. I've had to eat on the fly all week due to training for the races, but I have fallen in love with ziploc steamer bags. They are wonderful! Just throw in a vegetable with some mrs dash and I'm done. I think I can do fish in there too, but I haven't tried yet.

lindasayloo - Hi! Nice to meet you & welcome to P2! I see you have a blog.... I'll have to check it out. My DH is having a tough time too. Hang in there... it doesn't last forever and the rewards are so worth it.

1 comments:

maryg911 said...

Hey Monica, both of you are off to a great start!! I suspect that Nakia is burning all his calories with his workout causing him to be hungry, so he may need to scale back on the exercise.

I'm starting tomorrow with injections and VLCD on Monday, whoo hoo!!