Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Friday, April 3, 2009

Monica's R4P2 Day 31 (Day 4 of my experiment)

Monica - R4P2 Day 31
R4 Starting weight: 170.6
Yesterday: 154.7
Today: 155.9 +1.2
R4 Total -14.7 8.6%

Nakia - R3P3 Day 14
LIW 3/17/2009: 225.9 8.7%
Yesterday: 220.3
Today: 218 -2.3
7.9 Below LIW

Yesterday's menu (Monica):
B: 1 apple
L: ceviche with avocado & lime, sliced tomato
D: green smoothie: spinach, mango, P2 coleslaw
S: mixed fruit & nuts, 2 dates
Lots of tea with truvia & water

Yesterday's menu (Nakia)
Fitday menu
water & 4C Totally Lite 2 Go

Yikes... I think that's a hold over from all the food I ate the day before. I was right where I wanted to be with my calories yesterday, but the day before I was WAY over & I think it just came back to bite me... literally in the ass! HA! So I tried this for 4 days and this is the only gain I had. Not too shabby & I did drop a little later in the morning, but I decided to record my first weight instead.

Oh well...that's why this is an experiment. I did decide at the beginning that if I had a significant gain that I was going to go back to normal P2. So today will be my last raw day until I start P3. I just want to give it one more try. I have learned alot about how my body reacts to raw food and I really like the way I feel on this diet. I have had boundless energy this past week and I've slept really well. The thing I couldn't handle was the hunger that I experienced.... some of that was caused by my anxiousness to get into P3 & eating raw was a peek into P3 for me. I think I was a little to close to the end of my round to try to make my body flip a switch... mentally and physically. I am not totally giving up on it though. I want to do a full P2 round eating a raw diet. I think it may work better for me if I start at the beginning.

Believe me... I am NOT bummed out over the gain. I did exactly what I wanted to do and learned a significant amount doing it. This was something I NEVER would have considered before and I'm glad I did it so I have the experience to reflect upon. Now I want to maximize my losses for my last few days on P2. I might even keep going until I get below 150 if that doesn't happen in the next 9 days.

Mo - Thanks... I think it's still a very viable way to do P2 but I need more time to experiment with it. Since it's going to take time to adjust to it, the end of my round is the wrong time to do that. I actually enjoy my protocol food and there are some things like my teriyaki beef and shrimp that I eat when I'm not on protocol. The key is learning how to prepare the limited selection to your liking and I'm going to get back to that tomorrow with some of my favorite P2 recipes. Stay tuned :) I'm gonna close out this round with my favorites!

Biz - The tastes and textures are so great. I was pleasantly surprised. This has given me so many ideas for P3. Who knew I could be so creative with NOT cooking! & nope.. I will not let you become one of "those" people.

Mary - LOL... well... today brought a big fat gain! Am I all crazy over it? Hell NO! I feel good today... and I'm over the gain. Now You are doing fantastic with your 1 pounder yesterday!!! Go Mary!

3 comments:

maryg911 said...

Wow, that's not too bad for all that you ate. Maybe too much too soon? I don't know, I haven't done raw yet but I will try it soon!! You're doing fantastic though!!

BizBuzz said...

Great attitude to have Moni, I know it's only experimental but it's worth a shot right?

Just before I came here I was reading this post from a blog I visit:

http://frugaldad.com/2009/04/03/triple-play-eating-less-meat/

Kinda ties in with what we are doing, I know his blog has nothing to do with health, but he focuses in on how not eating meat might help us save money - or at least cutting down on consumption.

Interesting eh?

Amie said...

I am getting more interested in this raw thing every day... My BF is totally down to try it too. He's a skinny little bugger anyhow. LOL But he was a vegetarian for about five years not long ago, so he said that if I want to try raw and/or vegetarian he would totally support me. ;D I love that guy!

I'm not surprised by the gain either. It'll probably come right off tomorrow. Your body is still in WTF-mode right now. lol