Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Where have we been?!

Monica- R2P3
LIW: 158.2
Yesterday: 163.1
Today: 162.2 -.9
4.0 ABOVE LIW

Nakia - R1P3
LIW: 237.2
Yesterday: 237.5
Today: 240.1 +2.6
2.9 ABOVE LIW

Ha... I'm back. We had a great weekend again! Sorry I've been away so long. I had some internet connection problems over the weekend at home, & then I started my workouts on monday so that's been taking up my normal blogging time. I've been trying to keep up the journaling over at www.myhcgjourney.com/forums too so unfortunately time is short for my blog.

Nakia has been holding steady right around his LIW. He said he ate alot of salty food yesterday so he's retaining water. I totally agree... even though he's not updating his fitday menus so I really have no clue! But who am I to talk.... I didn't do mine for 4 days straight! LOL

He was over the 2 pounds once before and he fixed that with a high protein day, so that's what he's doing today. He doesn't want to do a steak day because he knows he would overeat the day after.... Well that's essentially what I did. I gained most of my steak day loss back the next day, so I think either high protein days or egg days will be better for me mentally. I'm trying to keep my protein levels high because that seems to work well for me. I have to cut down on the veggies and fruits until I get back to my LIW. 2-4 cups of veggies a day, depending on the carb count & one fruit serving will be my limit for now. Hopefully I can stick to it. Mind over food!

Thanks Liz, Jan, Burcu & Becca for your kind words. I really need all the encouragement I can get right now. It's so easy to go overboard on P3.

3 comments:

Ed & Jennifer said...

Hey sistahhhhhh! I had to come check on our cruise buds over here. I'm tellin' ya, protein is the key! I've learned that even if I totally splurge and gain I just focus on mostly proteins the next day and then I'm right back to where I was. P3 is great because it gives us a chance to learn what works best for our bodies and once that's figured out-well we'll never be overweight again!!!

Love ya'll!

Burcu J said...

Hey lady,
Thank you for checking up on me, pls.don't sweat about being over LIW, I know P3 can be hard to control, trust me I've been there!!! I agree with Jenn, try protein only day, maybe steak or egg! that should do the trick!
Love Ya

Becca said...

Hi Monica, glad you're back... I know how hard it is to find time to blog and keep up with other's posts AND the forum. I've chosen to concentrate on my blog and just do the forum when I can. My blog is my record of what I've been doing and where I've been and it's really helped me keep going. I go over to the forum to have some fun when I have time!