Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Friday, June 13, 2008

Made it to P4! Over LIW limit, but not much.

Monica- R2P4
LIW: 158.2
Yesterday: 163.4
Today: 162.4 -1.0
4.2 ABOVE LIW

Nakia - R1P4
LIW: 237.2
Yesterday: 239.8
Today: 239.8
.9 ABOVE LIW

Lookin good all around. Nakia fired up the grill yesterday and we had a small feast! I saw a fabulous turkey burger recipe on oprah the other day that I've been dying to try. There was a tiny bit of sugar in one ingredient (mango chutney), but it was negligible.

I highly recommend these. Here's the recipe on the oprah site: http://www.oprah.com/foodhome/food/recipes/200805/food_20080516_burger.jhtml Absolutely no bread, cheese or condiments needed.

Our other meat was teriyaki beef skewers with grilled pineapple from the food network
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_36826,00.html I never had grilled pineapple before... Boy was I missin out!

We also had yellow, red, orange and green peppers, red onions, cherry tomatoes & baby bok choy... all grilled nice and tender.... And since I wanted to recreate the broiled bananas I had at Fogo De Chao a few weeks ago, we put a halved banana, still in the peel, on the grill as well. It came out great! I put some homemade whipped cream sweetened with splenda & sprinkled cinnamon on top. I'm glad we only did one banana because I would have gone overboard on those if there were more.

It was nice to make something other than burgers and dogs on the grill. I ate sooo much food yesterday, but still stayed around 2000 calories with my 61% fat, 18% carbs and 21% protein which is about what I should have on workout days. I seem to do better with my food when I keep an eye on it, but don't obsess over it. It's a delicate balance.

Nakia and I are playin hooky today and going out of town for the weekend. We're just taking a drive to stay at a resort that my friend recommended. We've been trying to find close places to travel since the gas station wants my first born these days.

Mary - Wow... how did we all get on the same schedule?! Hmmm... cosmic stuff goin on there. Mine's on it's way out... thank goodness! Hey, you're still on a break right? I haven't had a chance to leave you a comment but I skimmed through your blog yesterday. I'll try to stop by soon.

Becca - I know... I can't beleive it myself, but I'm glad it's here, even though I'm not going to add the carbs in yet. I just hope this means that I'm stabilized now. My clothes are fitting great and Nakia says I'm tightening up in the right places :) So I'm happy.

Jan - Yup... I still feel the water retention and soreness so being 4 lbs over LIW isn't really that bad, as long as I can hang out here. My magic steak or egg day number is over 5 lbs over.

8 comments:

maryg911 said...

Your menu sounds absolutely nummy!! Thanks for reading up on me, I'm restarting injections tomorrow (Saturday) and VLCD on Monday. Wish me luck and send me some good vibes!!!

Love you guys and have a great time!!

Two Doves in Texas said...

So, I'm sitting here trying to focus on a steak day and then I get all inspired from these great ideas you cooked up to get DONE with this protein day and go ballistic at the grill!
Sounds like you have a great set of muscles and some of your weight is just muscle growth. Girl, good muscle keeps fat away anyhow, so share the vibes.

Love you guys - Have a great weekend!

BizBuzz said...

Enjoy your fun! Wish I was going with you. I certainly need a break.

Burcu J said...

Hey girl,
I watch Oprah allll the time. The Donald Trump's cook gave the recipe right!! Sounds delicious I will try after this round. You guys keep up the good work.
Have a great weekend :)

Becca said...

I had to print out that turkey burger recipe so I can try it in a month or so when I get there!
Your menu sounded so good I had to FOCUS and not start salivating!
So here's hoping you have a great time on your little romantic weekend trip.

Liz said...

Stop already! You're killing me with that menu! OMG that sounded sooooo good! ou are doing GREAT!Keep up the good work girlfriend!
XXXOOO

Ed & Jennifer said...

Hey girly! Just want ya to know I'm checkin on you! Hope you had a great weekend. LOL about the gas station wanting your first born-NO KIDDING!

Love you guys!

BizBuzz said...

Hey sweetie, I got to thinking about you today, haven't seen you around anywhere, just wanting to check in and see how your doing. Missing you MUCH - give us an update when you can ok?