Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Saturday, June 7, 2008

Visiting mom today! She's great!

Monica- R2P3
LIW: 158.2
Yesterday: 163.9
Today: 161.6 -2.3
3.4 ABOVE LIW

Nakia - R1P3
LIW: 237.2
Yesterday: 237.6
Today: ???
.4 ABOVE LIW

That egg day seemed to work great. Now I need to maintain it today even though I'm away from home. I'm visiting my mom this weekend. My mom is really supportive of me. I got here late last night and I had told her I was done eating for the day so she made me a cup of tea with lemon and splenda. That was so sweet of her. She does tell me that she thinks I'm too thin right now, but she never tries to get me to eat something. In fact, last night when I was eyeing her crescents, she promptly said "Don't you eat those!" & put them away, instead of saying "Awww... just one won't hurt". LOL.... I just LOVE her for that!

So today I'm down 2.3 and Nakia doesn't know what he weighs because he let me take the scale with me since I'm working on controlling my weight more than he is. I must admit, he's probably been eating less calories than I have & he's been working out as well. He doesn't eat a lot of dairy & he has nuts every once in a while..., like one should :). He's also been able to eat a few carbs here and there like a hamburger bun or a slice of banana walnut bread. His main focus is protein though, but he's always been like that. I started forcing him to eat a "balanced" meal of a veg, a starch & a meat on one plate like my mother taught me growing up. Wow.... that whole idea has changed now! My plates certainly don't look like that anymore. They consist of mostly protein and a vegetable with no carbs at all. Whooda thunk? I really just need to start eating what Nakia's eating.... WHOA... what a concept :)

Hi Ed & Jenn, It's hard to not worry about my LIW since I just kept gaining on my last P3 after my weight started to go up... no matter what I did. I really do feel a difference now though. My body seems much more responsive so I think taking off the extra few pounds won't be as hard. We'll see what happens tomorrow :) Thanks for checkin on us cruisin buddies!

4 comments:

maryg911 said...

Hey Moni, just caught up on your posts and you guys are doing just fantastic!!! That's wonderful that the egg day worked for ya!!! It's awesome that your mom is being very supportive!!

Keep us posted, you two take care!!

Love ya!!

Two Doves in Texas said...

Hey Monica,
You are so right on with the protein thing, my friend. OMG - especially with your workouts on top of that.
Those guys - gotta love them. You've got a good one there.
Isn't Dr S smart!
Love you - have fun with Mom - Victoria

Burcu J said...

WOW what an egg day huh.. Big Congrats on your loss and I sure do wish If I could tell my mom, mine probably would freak out!! Thank you for checking up on me also my friend.
XOXO

Becca said...

Hi Monica,

Way to go bringing your weight down like that. You'll be back at LIW in no time if you keep up your good attitude and stick to your plan!
Your Mom sounds so cool! It's so hard for Mom's to not interfere and be supportive sometimes so it's great that's she's doing the right thing for YOU and not just what she thinks you should do.
Tell her we think she's the BOMB!
take care and keep up the good work...