Monica's Ticker


Nakia's Ticker


Thursday, May 7, 2009

Monica's R4P3 Day 20 - Nakia's R3P4

Monica - R4P3 Day 20
Yesterday: 156.3
Today: 157.2 +.9
6.5 Above LIW (150.7)

Nakia - R3P4 Day 19
Yesterday: 221.9
Today: 220.5 -1.4
5.4 Below LIW (225.9)

Hello, my poor neglected blog. Ok... so I'm kinda up, but I'm not as bummed out over it as I should be I guess. I haven't blogged because I've been super busy at work so I wasn't able to do it there... I've been barely taking a lunch. I've also been running, weight training every morning for an hour. I'm taking a break today because I think my body needs a rest and I've been steadily gaining weight for the past 7 days. At first I was sure it was TOM, but that's almost over and the weight is not gone so there is something else going on here. I do think that it's still water weight gain because my smallest pair of dress pants that have absolutely no give, still fit so I'd like to nip this in the bud before it turns into fat. I think my problem was that I added a few more carbs in early because I thought I needed it for all the working out I was doing... which was twice a day in some cases. The carbs I added were int he form of fresh corn and bananas. I read that adding carbs after not eating them for a long time will sometimes make you gain water weight, but I'm still not happy with the gains. I thought that high protein might do the trick so I tried that for 2 days to no avail so I'm going back to what has worked for me before which is high fat (thanks Biz). If anyone has any questions about that, please see Biz over at HTA. I would try raw food, but honestly, I'm just not in the raw kinda mood right now.

My weight hasn't been right since I had that bug the other week. I wonder if that had anything to do with these gains. I don't really think my diet warrants the weight gain, but the scale doesn't lie so there is definitely something going on.

Nakia is maintaining nicely & he has started to workout lightly on a daily basis so I think he'll be back to his normal weight training routine soon. His chest still hurts a little, but he thinks he's recovering well so that's great.

Biz - Still no pics, but he really is doing well. He's just coasting now. I just want to get settled.

Mo2Lose - I thought the running would make me lose weight, but for some odd reason, my body isn't getting the message. I'm certainly not stopping though. It feels great and I feel really good after I do it. An egg day is another one of Biz's ideas. You eat up to 12 eggs all day in any form you like. You can add a small amount of cheese or other additions as well. It works quite well for me & I lost 3.2 lbs on my last one.

Gina - Why can't you run? Maybe try bike riding instead. It's easier on the knees and burns almost as many calories. Thanks for the well wishes.

3 comments:

Mo2Lose said...

Thanks for posting that. I love eggs and will definetly try that one if I need it in P3! Are you trying to tone up or build muscle when you workout? Were you flabby when you finished P2?

BizBuzz said...

You will be fine. It's all about settling in. Don't be too hard on your body, if your clothes are still fitting, then you are AOK - but don't let it go too far!

beachbrights said...

Uuugh! There, I said it for you! When I read your post I can feel panic in my stomach. I always fail at P3, for many reasons and this time I AM SO SCARED OF GAINING! I hope (&pray) you find your groove with this...I wish I could give you some advice that would take all the weight away but I don't have it. Listen to BIZ, she is usually right!!

For what it's worth, one time when I was gaining on P3, I took injections for 2 days with VLCD (& then did VLCD for 2 days w/out injection) and that seemed to help "reset" my body weight. I also lost 5 lbs during those days.

I'm out of town for the next week but will try to check in on you...please keep us posted!!

XOXO-cb